JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

FuQ - 4 Us (solo)

mfuqua23

Hey y'all. Here is the audio of "4 Us". Only thing is, it's just me. No Joe yet. He's still tryna get a mic as far as I know. Anyway, I recorded this like a week ago. I mixed it now and I felt pretty good about it. then I wasn't sure. Then I was like, yeah it'z cool that way. I actually "mixed" this one down instead of recording right outta the speakers. I sampled Mobb Deep's "Shook Ones Pt. 2" for this. I'm tryna not to do that anymore. Wanna see how I do making my own beats.

I guess y'all can show approval or disapproval over the song for the album of the JJFP Forum Community. So here it is...

FuQ - 4 Us (Solo Version)

It's nice but I think you could benefit by using alot more adlibs. There were times where it sound like you were getting out of breath or you were trying to fit too many words in a sentance. I've noticed this about a few of your songs. Its makes it sound more like a professional song rather than a something you did in your bedroom! Good choice of instrumental as well but like you said, its better to come up with your own beat and be totally original!

Yeah, I had a couple more spots where I would've adlibed, but I feel asleep in the middle of recording (or so U could say). I added the echo and took out the static, so it does sound so much like a room recording.

Thanks y'all for the feedback. Glad this got the support to be on the album.

Peace!

btw, fan4ever, R we gonna sell this cd or whatever? Like copy all the songs to our computer and burn em; or sell it online to support the site. Hero1 said your the brains behind all this.

btw, fan4ever, R we gonna sell this cd or whatever? Like copy all the songs to our computer and burn em; or sell it online to support the site. Hero1 said your the brains behind all this.

I don't know....what do you guys think is best idea??? I wanna support the site...so i doesn't really matter for me...i know i will burn my own copy of this cd...just tell me what y'all think!

It's good, but I think it could be better. Say, try doing more than one take and putting the best parts together. Drink water and keep your breathing steady. Just my opinion. But I've yet to record any of my songs so who am I to talk. Good luck. I'm also looking for someone to do a song with.

God Blessa!