JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Most overrated JJFP song

Lerkot

I dont think very many JJFP-songs are overated, but if I have to choose one, it will be Brand New Funk. It is a okey song but I think they have done many way better songs.

Just Cruisin isnt att JJFP-song, but I must say that Will seems to like it even if nobody else does (or am i wrong?).

So guys, what do you think?

• Members

for the record im 99% sure just cruisin is a JJFP song and i think the most overated (if there is one) song is probaly The Things That You Do.

"Just Cruisin'" isn't a JJ+FP song. FP on the lyrics, Trackmasters on the beat. Dope song all around. I've always wanted 2 know if Jazzy Jeff did the scratches 4 the video version of the song tho.'

you'll all disagree with me...but i gotta say summertime...i HATE that song...i reckon its the worst song they made...but everyone loves it...so maybe i'm different...lol

HATE is a strong word to use, don't you think.

Brand New Funk is one of my fave JJFP songs and is pure Hip-Hop all the way.

brand new funk is a song, if you wernt their when it came out..you realise how dope it is over time.. you also have to hear it in a club..with the bass thumpin! or hear it live! to truely appreciate its brilliance!!

:ditto:

it's amazing live

When i first heard brand new funk i thought it was ok, but as ive grown older ive learnt to apprieciate it. Then when i heard it live on the tape at I, Robot premier i liked it even more, its just got an amazing energy when its done live. So my feelings on it kinda sumarise what every1 said. :werd:

I always wanted to hear Brand New Funk live when I listened to Block Party from B2R.

It just blew me off when I saw the Video of Leicester Square!!!

Brand New Funk is one of my favs of JJFP!

The most overrated JJFP/Will song is MIB, Wild Wild West and Black Suits Comin'

They're all average songs but not as good as the other stuff. I hate it when Will sells records just because of his movie success.

He's got so much more good songs which aren't for movie soundtracks.

JJFP Rocks The House