JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Give it up?

bagotrasho

Should Will quit his movie career and reinstate JJFP?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should Will quit his movie career and reinstate JJFP?

• Yes
    • No

• Members

I have heard many people say he should and a bunch say he shoudlnt't tell me your opinion. I voted NO because wouldnt't it be kinda stupid for 40 and 38 yeard old men go back to kiddie rap and Go under their old nicknames? If they were gonna go as Will Smith and Jeff Townes and do different more current rap(im not sayin gangster of hardcore) I would be all for it. PLEASE VOTE IN THE POLL AND LEAVE A MESSAGE ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hell, no. Will is a great actor and people love his movies. his rap is great and its not kiddy rap, but he should never give up movies for it. i know he started with rap and then got into acting, but that would be one of the worst things he could do. could you imagine a world without will smith movies? :tear:

Ahhh...no more silly topics. JJ+FP's music isn't kiddie stuff at all. FP's current stuff is often more "kiddie" than JJ+FP's stuff. And Fresh Prince isn't really an old skool name, it's his Hip-Hop name. All this polls and posts are killing me.

I think FP is a great actor but I think his acting career has been and will continue overshadow his hip-hop career, if he continues to do more films than albums/tours, what's wrong with him going back to being known as Fresh Prince at 40, when we see a lot of ol' school mcs keeping their mc names, I don't think we call LL Cool J James T. Smith, I don't think we call KRS-ONE Kris Parker, and we don't see people calling Slick Rick Rick Walters, and so on, when u say Will Smith that sounds like an actor's name, every mc has a name, even my mc name is Big Ted and not my real name, Fresh Prince is an mc's name, and he doesn't make kiddy rap, he makes rap for all people to enjoy, young and old, black and white or whatever race, etc.

When emcees get big or want their stuff 2 be more-respected by people outside of Hip-Hop, they tend 2 use their regular name. Queen Latifah's new album is titled "The Dana Owens Album" and she definitly had other audiences in mind when she recorded it. LL Cool J is taking FP's personal advice that using his real name in films will make him more accessable and taken more seriously in the world of film. With Deliver Us From Eva, he waz credited as LL Cool J aka James Todd Smith. Since then, his acting has taken a turn 4 the better. His new clothing line is called Todd Smith. I don't think a name is that big of a deal...but i'd still like 2 see "Fresh Prince" on an album cover again.

I vote YES! I'd love to see FP stop doing movies or at least ease up on them. for like 2-5 years and just get back to JJFP. JJFP isnt kiddie rap. If they continue to do more Code Red/Willenium type of music, then they'll be fine - actually they'll be fine with anything they do. Jeff is the master at adapting with new styles. Ever notice how Homebase is different then the first 3 JJFP albums? Ever notice how Code Red is different then Homebase? Exactly.

• Members

OK people you guys are obbsessed fresh prince was kid rap if he did come back he should do his current kind of music i mean why would a 38 year old dude rap about girls and parents THEY DID RAP OPPISITE OF HARDCORE IM NOT SAYING IT WAS KIDDIE IM SAYING IT WAS FOR KIDS