JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Give it up?

bagotrasho

Should Will quit his movie career and reinstate JJFP?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should Will quit his movie career and reinstate JJFP?

• Yes
    • No

but then theres that thing about age, you cant be a 67 year old rapper, it just doesnt happen. so i mean thats where i would want him to persue acting. i voted for being a rapper, but when he gets older he could come out of retirement from acting since it would fit his age.

Well thats what people used to say about being a 35 year old rapper.. so you never know..

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again usually the highest sellest artists are the ones who do tours, Eminem, 50 Cent, Kanye West, Black Eyed Peas, and all of them popular rappers have world tours, even the pop stars like Britney and Madonna have world tours, Will seems to be one of the only music artists not to do tours, "Lost and Found" would've done better if there was a tour last spring/summer, "Code Red" might've done better if JJFP had a tour when that dropped too, you see though that your theory of associating music with television and film doesn't always work either, "Boom! Shake The Room" was premiered on FPOBA back in the days but that didn't stop "Code Red" from being the lowest selling JJFP album, "Black Suits Comin'" and the mega success of "MIBII" didn't stop "Born To Reign" from being the lowest selling album of his career either, then again selling 200,000 is the average of most rappers who don't do acting these days and that's Will's worst so he ain't doing too bad if you look at the big picture, it'd be nice if he toured though, maybe if more saw him and Jazzy rockin' the house, they'd respect him as a music artist and it'd save people from wasting money to see 50 Cent, that'd actually save some lives :kekeke:

Touring, in the case of Lost and Found, isn't really the answer either. When your second single comes out 6 months after the first, there are more immediate issues that need to be addressed before an artist can even think of touring. Also, you have to take note of the music that will be performed on a tour. We've seen Will do shows last year, and he'd perform Switch, and then do Summertime, Miami, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme song, I Wanna Rock, and whatever else... but nothing else from Lost and Found. Worse, at the end of many of his sets, there would be no plug for the album: "Lost and Found in stores" or what have you. Touring is a part of promotion, but again, the key is promotion. If the tour isn't promoting the latest album, the impact of a tour will be minimal. You'd get a tour. You'd be happy to see Will Smith and Jazzy Jeff, but chances are, that's about it.

Yeah, it is quite apparent that the lack of promotion for this album really hindered its ability to sell.

I don't say he should stop with movies, but he should give his music more respect.. I'll always love Will smith stuff, but I'm loosing my respect for him cuz he never had a tour or something to promote his albums.. his last two albums have had only one single, black suits comin for born to reign and switch for L+F..... u can't consider 1000kisses and party starter as singles cuz they had been released light years after the first ones.. maxfly u r right, the key is promoting and I think Will has enough money to promote his albums by himself, I don't understand which sense has releasing a single after seven months when nobody else will buy your album, and which sense has to not release the song you consider your best one ever... this is lack of respect for the fans that have always support him, I'm not saying that i don't like Will SMith, I believe he's one of the most talented rappers ever but movies stole his rap soul...

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't min.But will smith's style has changed drastically from when he 1rst started.Most current commercial Hip-Hop fans probaly wouldn't dig it.I asked my friend yesterday,Whens the last time you listened to will smith?,And he said summertime...Anyways i like will better as a solo artist!