JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Give it up?

bagotrasho

Should Will quit his movie career and reinstate JJFP?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should Will quit his movie career and reinstate JJFP?

• Yes
    • No

but then theres that thing about age, you cant be a 67 year old rapper,

but how do u know that, rap music is still young, when Will and LL started it was pretty much just begining, so we dont know how old rappers can be bcoz none of them have really got to that age yet.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think that Will doing movies is great too don't get it confused, it's not like I hate him doing them, but doing 5 films for every album doesn't make me that happy 'cause I think if he balances it out more he'll be cemented as the greatest entertainer ever, he won't get the full respect as a music artist if takes 20 years to go back on tour, he should release an album for every film with an occasional tour too but it doesn't look like he wants to do it that way and that's what pisses me off, btw if we could have Rolling Stones and James Brown still touring at their ages I don't see why we can't have a senior citizen rapper as well, hip-hop is still not that old yet but realistically there won't be too many 'cause most artists that came from the era of Rolling Stones and James Brown are either retired or dead, there's no way that he'll be able to go on tour 30 years from now if he don't want to now, he's wasting the prime of his life right now by not touring, this is time where the best performances would be done and of course there's so many rappers dying at a young age I'll be happy that he even makes it there to that age but since he ain't in a gangsta rap war he might, lol...

Edited by bigted

but then theres that thing about age, you cant be a 67 year old rapper,

but how do u know that, rap music is still young, when Will and LL started it was pretty much just begining, so we dont know how old rappers can be bcoz none of them have really got to that age yet.

Julie , are you serious?!?

Well I think there is some ol' school hip-hop artists like Afrika Bambattaa and Grandmaster Flash that're in their 50's now still performing, there was hip-hop artists a decade before LL and JJFP that came on the scene that're in their 50s now,so it's a possibility that there might be a handful of ol' school artists still going for a while...

Edited by bigted

I can't believe that people actually want Will to quite acting. That's like telling Bill Gates to quit as the CEO of Microsoft so that he can go back to coding full time... That's no where near a good idea. Where do people come up with these things... seriously?

In 1993.. Will filmed 6 segrees of seperation, did the best season of fresh prince of bel air and released code red.. why can't we have another 1993? :1-cool:

Exactly... It may take a lot of work, but I'm sure Will can excel in both music and movies.

Well with the popularity of "FPOBA" and "6 Degrees...", how could "Code Red" not sell 5 million and win a Grammy award? Especially coming off the major success on "Homebase" you figured it'd be even bigger, that's as puzzling as seeing the mega success of "Hitch" last year and seeing "Lost and Found" not have that kind of success, those 2 albums should've sold as much if not more than "Big Willie Style"...

Edited by bigted

Well with the popularity of "FPOBA" and "6 Degrees...", how could "Code Red" not sell 5 million and win a Grammy award? Especially coming off the major success on "Homebase" you figured it'd be even bigger, that's as puzzling as seeing the mega success of "Hitch" last year and seeing "Lost and Found" not have that kind of success, those 2 albums should've sold as much if not more than "Big Willie Style"...

Neither Code Red nor Lost and Found got the sort of publicity and promotion that they would have needed to do very well. Television and film weren't going to help if the albums aren't associated with them. A lot of people thought that Switch was associated with Hitch, and look how well it did. Big Willie Style had MIB... look how well it did. I'm not advocating that Will associate his music with the things he does in film. Promotion is the key. We saw Will not do a movie for an extended period and promotion still didn't go well for Lost and Found. The key is promotion.

i agree with maxfly promotion is one of the keys to success

i don't think will should go back...i think we haven't seen enough of him in the film industry and hopefully he will continue to make good movies

there is a part of me that would like to see him go back to the JJFP days but for the long run he should stick with acting...and its better if he does

Again usually the highest sellest artists are the ones who do tours, Eminem, 50 Cent, Kanye West, Black Eyed Peas, and all of them popular rappers have world tours, even the pop stars like Britney and Madonna have world tours, Will seems to be one of the only music artists not to do tours, "Lost and Found" would've done better if there was a tour last spring/summer, "Code Red" might've done better if JJFP had a tour when that dropped too, you see though that your theory of associating music with television and film doesn't always work either, "Boom! Shake The Room" was premiered on FPOBA back in the days but that didn't stop "Code Red" from being the lowest selling JJFP album, "Black Suits Comin'" and the mega success of "MIBII" didn't stop "Born To Reign" from being the lowest selling album of his career either, then again selling 200,000 is the average of most rappers who don't do acting these days and that's Will's worst so he ain't doing too bad if you look at the big picture, it'd be nice if he toured though, maybe if more saw him and Jazzy rockin' the house, they'd respect him as a music artist and it'd save people from wasting money to see 50 Cent, that'd actually save some lives :kekeke:

Edited by bigted

• Members

I would say yes he should quit even though he is doin good in his carrer i think he would be doin better if he started up jjfp again people love his misic with jeff and they still do abut i can't make up my mind because it's all up to what will wants to do is he want's to do what he is doin now then good for him but if he would start jjfp again i like he should now that he's got fans for what ever he does