JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

How we soon forget

bagotrasho

• Members

Anyone ever notice how if u can even find someone who has heard of the fresh prince they never seem to have ever heard of by Jeff Townes aka DJ Jazzy Jeff?

Is this to say if Will had not persued his movie career no one would have heard of him?

Nice topic name. Yeah it happens to me all the time. People are like "you like Will Smith" im like "no...DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince(Will Smith)" - two guys...then im like "DJ Jazzy Jeff is Jazz on the FPOBA" and there like "ohhhhhhh"

i think it has something to do with your age and the generation of fans. Mainstream cats of today probably won't remember or know what was hot back in the day.

well when i started listening to will smith i had no idea about jazzy jeff and fresh prince

and yeah if will hadnt gotten into movies, then no one probably would know him now, since fpoba was 6 years ago and his last albums werent much. they relied on singles from movies, and without the movies to support the singles they would be flops, which means that few ppl would buy his albums.

whew :hilarious:

I don't know about u guys...but most of my friends have a basic knowlege of the existance of JJ+FP. They don't know much about Jazzy Jeff's current projects these days simply cuz he dosesn't do 2 much commercial stuff...which is understandable. But most of my friend, from all areas and ages know about JJ+FP.

Edited by JumpinJack AJ

I think in The Uk JazzyJeff & Fresh Prince are a well known name, mainly for Boom... Being such a big hit. But thats just the problem they'll refer the duo to that one song all the time.