JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Nobody remebers!

bagotrasho

• Members

I'm 13 and I know about DJ JAZZY EJFF AND THE FRESH PRINCE, but nobody else my age has ever heard of them and now because gangster hardcore rap is popular eveyrbody thinks they suck and can't rap!anybody else have this problem???

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who only listen 2 Top 20 Rap may have the opinion, but that's cuz they are supporting untalented artists with garbage music. Any artist outside that Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Eminem, Ludacris, G-Unit, Kanye West, Chingy, Lil' Jon, circle is ignored by top 20 Rap fans. Not all of them, but most of those above artists suck...so why are real music fans gonna care what their opinion is.

JJ+FP is respected by most old skool fans. And more-adult fans of Hip-Hop respect what he dose. They might kinda laugh at songs like "Miami" and "Will 2K" but they resect his older stuff and his current stand on standards 4 his music. JJ+FP is one of the most well-known acts Hip-Hop ever brought out.

I don't care much that my favorite artists are often overlooked and don't have top selling albums, but it is a shame that it seems that the less talent u have, the more success u get. There isn't really anyone out there like JJ+FP, but there are true skool Hip-Hopper out there that are releasing albums. KRS-One, De La Soul, Talib Kweli, Brand Nubian, LL Cool J, MC Lyte have all released albums in the past year or 2. U just gotta look around and give some artists a listen and see what fits u the best.

Hopefully there will be a change in Hip-Hop/Rap's commercial success where some more artists with actual talent and creativity will get some shine.

yo now we know where the young ppl at :rock: but yeah, its sad that people our age dont know anything about jazz and f prince, they all listen to the rap junk nowadays and think thats how raps supposed to be, with cussing all the time. they dont know nothin about rap thats clean and fun and rockin at the same time like jjfp's used to be.

• Members

HEY today's rap may have made ppl unaware of JJFP but dont call it JUNK TODAY'S RAP IS GOOD AND A LOT OF RAP TODAY IS BETTER THAN JJFP

whats up with you and capital letters?

man i agree somewhat with you there is some good rap now, but most of the stuff is f***ked up. they talk bout stupid stuff. they have no meaning. you heard the the lyrics? most of it is 'im fly, im gonna get with these girls (im cleaning it up), im gonna shoot these other gangsters... ' u get the idea.

but some rap is decent