JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Give an album song a video...

I'm sure many of you know that on Code Red, track 1, is "Somethin' Like Dis" and it woulda been a great party hit. I was thinking, if you could pick any non-single, non-hit JJFP song, what would it be and what would the video be like?

Mine is Somethin Like Dis. The video would be brought back to the streets of Philly (Like where "Freakin' It" was taped) and have like a block party in the spring or fall with crowds of people lined up along the sidewalks then have JJFP performing in the streets with Jeff tearing up the wheels of steel and FP just goin all over the place. Have the people goin "dee dee dee de de dee" while JJFP just rockin' it. JJFP sporting typical Code Red attire. Starter gear basically. I think that would be a hot video. Better than "I Wanna Rock".

So what about you? How would your video be like?

Hmm. I never saw all the JJFP videos. Mostly Will's solo stuff. I was too young 2 catch them other videos. Only ones I've seen of JJFP was Summertime and Parents Just Don't Understand.

But I'd have 2 say. Nightmare On My Street. I would have loved to seen that aired. I think "Twinkle Twinkle" would be a cool video. The pictures would follow right along wit the lyrics. That and "Ring My Bell".

Oh man...I'd pick "The Rain", hands down. What a video that would be. It could start with Will waking up from bed, looking out an apartment building window onto the streets...and it's raining...he sees the kids playing...etc...then put a few flashbacks when he mentions Summertime and Boom...almost every line in that song could be put onto video. I can see it so clearly. That would be my choice, 4 sure.

Oh man...I'd pick "The Rain", hands down. What a video that would be. It could start with Will waking up from bed, looking out an apartment building window onto the streets...and it's raining...he sees the kids playing...etc...then put a few flashbacks when he mentions Summertime and Boom...almost every line in that song could be put onto video. I can see it so clearly. That would be my choice, 4 sure.

Ahh I forgot about The Rain!!!!!! I was thinking the same thing too! That woulda been a dope video!

I'm gonna break down it down 4 each album...one for what could have been a really cool video and another for what could have been a really funny video...

ROCK THE HOUSE

cool video - The Magnificent

funny video - Don't Even Try It

HE'S THE DJ, I'M THE RAPPER

cool video - Here We Go Again

funny video - Nightmare On My Street

AND IN THIS CORNER...

cool video - Numero Uno

funny video (THREE WAY TIE) Then She Bit Me, Who Stole My Car, Men of Your Dreams

HOMEBASE

cool video - I'm All That

funny video - U Saw My Blinker

CODE RED

cool video - Somethin' Like Dis (or Just Kickin' It)

funny video - Code Red

BIG WILLIE STYLE

cool video - Don't Say Nothin'

funny video - Candy

WILLENNIUM

cool video - (THREE WAY TIE) Potnas, The Rain, Who Am I (time-sensitive futuristic video would have been fly)

funny video - Willennium Interlude

THE MAGNIFICENT

cool video - 4 Da Love of Da Game

funny video - Know Ur Hood

BORN TO REIGN

cool video - Act Like U Know

funny video - I Gotta Go Home (imagin sped up footage of FP tryna be good and ditch a female for over 3 minutes...ha ha)

ROCK THE HOUSE - The Magnificent

HE'S THE DJ, I'M THE RAPPER - Nightmare On My Street

AND IN THIS CORNER... - Who Stole My Car

HOMEBASE - I'm All That, U Saw My Blinker

CODE RED - Shadow Dreams

BIG WILLIE STYLE - Don't Say Nothin', Big Willie Style

WILLENNIUM - The Rain, Afro Angel, Uuhhh, Holla Back

BORN TO REIGN - Act Like You Know, Block Party, Born To Reign, I Can't Stop

ROCK THE HOUSE - The Magnificent

HE'S THE DJ, I'M THE RAPPER - Here We Go Again

AND IN THIS CORNER... - Who Stole My Car

HOMEBASE - I'm All That

CODE RED - Just Kickin' It

BIG WILLIE STYLE - Y´All Know

WILLENNIUM - Potnas

THE MAGNIFICENT - For Da Love of Da Game

BORN TO REIGN - Block Party (Will + Jeff together .. a bit like the summertime video .. this would be so def)

:switch:

Rock The House - The Magnificient, Just One Of Those Days

He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper - He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper

And In This Corner - The girlie had a mustache (HAHA that would be too funny)

Homebase - Caught In The Middle and I'm All That

Codered - Somethin' Like This (Yeah JJFP Rocking the crowd) & Just Kickin It

BWS - Yes Yes Y'all, Don't Say Nothing, BWS (I remember that there's a video of BWS)

Willenium - Pump Me Up, Potnas, No More

B2R - Block Party, Act Lke You Know It, Give Me Tonight

The Magnificient - Love Savior, Break It Down

Edited by DefCEM