JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Fresh Prince DVD Feb 8th!

Hero1

• Admin

from tvshowsondvd http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2437

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, The - DVDs Will Be In The 'Hood in February! **Updated** with extras

Posted by Gord Lacey

11/11/2004

We've just received word from retailers that Warner Bros will release a slew of new TV titles for release on February 8th. We've already told you that Full House, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Murphy Brown were coming to DVD in 2005, but now Warner has announced The Wayans Bros, The Jamie Foxx Show and Night Court will join them. That's right, 6 comedies will receive season 1 sets on the same day, and Warner Bros intends to launch a large promotion around the titles.

Will Smith stars as a teenager from inner city Philadelphia who's sent to California to live in with his wealthy relatives in the hopes that they will "straighten him out and teach him some good old-fashioned values," but Will soon takes his rightful place as The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

The 25 episodes (625 mins) of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air season 1 will retail for $29.98, though you should be able to find it discounted to $25. These episodes will be presented on 2 double-sided discs with an English mono soundtrack, and English, French and Spanish subtitles. Special features include "Back-to-Bel-Air: A Fresh Look", a retrospective documentary with stars, producers and crew.

fresh_prince1.jpg

• Admin

DVDs usually sell for around $15 to $30 here in the US. Pretty cheap. I wonder if bloopers and behind the scenes will be on the DVD

full series with 25 episodes are normally more expensive.. to have it for $25 means its gonna sell a lot!

I can't wait 4 it drop!! Here in the US, that's the usual price for DVD sets. Circuit City always has there new releases on sale the week stuff drops. They prices are also very reasonable...sometimes cheaper. U can go wrong if u go there when it comes out. Keep in mind that if we all go out and get it soon after it comes out, the other seasons will follow quicker and it'll raise the chance of them being released in other parts of the world.

everyone on this site is gonna buy one...

...Right?

ill buy one on day of release, you should too!

I've already got it on pre-order

Is it being released in different places or just in the US? If it's only released in the US, u better make sure u'll be able 2 play it through the region coding. I can't stand pre-ordering stuff. With shipping u end up paying more AND u gotta wait for it 2 come 2 your house. Of course, if it's not being released where u live, that's the best way 2 go.

I can't wait 2 have the serious in crystal clear DVD format...no commercials or anything. That'll just be heaven!!

This is all the info for the UK release

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title...09665&p=57&g=72

but my DVD player plays american DVD's so either way i'm good to go

• Admin

you need to check who releases warner bros dvds in your country..and contact them.. yes i cant wait to see fresh prince on dvd..whenever they showed it in australia they always cut out 2-3 mins and missed a few episodes cause of an earlier timeslot..theres still stuff i havent seen! it looks like we are gonna get some good special features too

yey! ive had an overdose on fpoba but i cant wait to see extras and stuff, im really glad the DVD is coming out now tho bcoz im never at home when they show re-runs, so now i can have fpoba whenever i want it.

Whats even better is its released in the UK the 14th of feb, (i have it on pre-order too) and then we can join in the posts about it when we all get it. :switch: