JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Opening of W3 on Willenium

Man I was just listening to this and I just thought that Will telling Jaden he didn't want to do Wild Wild West could be a sneaky little way of Will telling Sony that he did not want Wild Wild West on Willenium. In other words, Jaden was being like Sony, demanding Will put Wild Wild West on the album. Will said in interviews he did not want W3 on the album at all....haha.....think about it. :dancingcool:

Sony really dogged Will didn't they?!! I expect his next album to be one of his best now once he gets the right label to back him up!

I said something about this years ago. Will said in an interview b4 the album came out, that he wazn't putting "Wild Wild West" on his album (obviously cuz it dosen't fit). Of course Columbia stepped in and insisted that it be on there since it waz a huge hit. Will definitly recorded that interlude as a way 2 show that he didn't want it as a part of the album.

Will should release a seperate album with all his movie theme song trax on it. Stop mixing movie trax on Hip-Hop albums. Now that Will's off Columbia, I hope he doesn't put those I,Robot/Shark Tale trax on the album. Even if they do increase the popularity of the album...it just doesn't seem right.

Like Jim said, they ruin the flow of the album. Will's had one movie track on each of his solo albums so far. His next one should just be straight Hip-Hop!

I think that it's important for Will to seperate his music and movie projects. Another thing that I would like to bring up is: Why the hell wasn't he on the BAD BOYS II Sountrack, 'cause it was his movie? I just wanted to leave that for y'all as food for thought. Peace!

Will had a track or 2 for the BB2 sdtk, But the album was reelased on bad Boy records... he had room to promote his new band, but no room for a track by the Movies Co star... wow

And I highly doubt will wanted any of his movie tracks on any of his albums. men in black and WWW was released on Sony Picutres. Will is signed to Sony Music. 2 different Units, but still connected in a way.

Take a look at Born to Reign. The entire album was promoted with MIB2, Once MIB2 started to leave the Cinema, B2R started to as well.

Yeah, just imagine a track 4 Bad Boys by Will...i'm sure it would have been amazing...maybe he'll do one next time 4 Bad Boys 3...if they ever make a BB3.

Anyways, bottom line, Wild Wild West shouldn't have been on Willennium. It's a great track...a great track that should have stayed on the Wild Wild West soundtrack.

I thought that the WWW Soundtrack was way better than the Bad Boys II Soundtrack 'cause Will was hands on in producing it. P.Diddy milks off of everyone else's talents rather than showcasing his own. He probably can't even beat anyone that he was auditioning for Da Band in a rapping competition!

As much as we dog Columbia, the sad thing is, they would have put Will's track on the soundtrack. That Bad Boys II soundtrack waz awful. Nearly every artist waz wack...and the ones that wern't only donated album filler trax that they wouldn't put on their own albums.

The Wild Wild West soundtrack waz nice, Overbrook put a solid soundtrack 2gether mixing established artists and new artists. It wazn't the best soundtrack ever, but i can still pop it in and listen 2 it start 2 finish. The Men In Black soundtrack is classic. It had the same formula and better music. But that BBII soundtrack, WOW, it's awful. Basically, it's totally commerical rap artists. Very little talent can be found on it. There's not one ounce of substance 2 it.