JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

AUNT VIVIAN

will45

• Members

l know alot of people prefer the first aunt vivian to the second aunt vivian but alot of people dont realise that janet was only offered 12 episodes and daphne was offered 21,thats why janet did not come back.l know daphne was not as good as janet but l think she tried,but l wish they had chosen someone who could act as well as janet.they were lucky that changing the aunt vivians did not affect the shows ratings.

I liked Daphne Maxwell-Reid as Aunt Viv. And yes, it's true that Janet sued Will & the producers. There are all types of rumors running around as to the replacement of Janet. I honestly think she didn't like the fact that Will was the new kid on the block and upstaging her. She is a trained actress and Will was basically new to the game. I think there was some jealousy on her part and probably some blame on Will's too.

• Members

I liked Daphne Maxwell-Reid as Aunt Viv. And yes, it's true that Janet sued Will & the producers. There are all types of rumors running around as to the replacement of Janet. I honestly think she didn't like the fact that Will was the new kid on the block and upstaging her. She is a trained actress and Will was basically new to the game. I think there was some jealousy on her part and probably some blame on Will's too.

l also liked daphne maxwell reid as aunt vivian.l agree with you that janet was jelous.

I like them both equally. I like that Daphne stepped in a very popular TV show and made the character her own instead of trying 2 act like the previous actress with that part. I think Daphne had a much motherly, wiser edge 2 her spin on the character. Janet waz funnier tho.'

Yea, Janet was funnier, but Daphne just seemed to have a more natural connection and chemistry to Mr. Avery as his onscreen wife. I liked both of

them, but if I had to choose one over the other for the entire season...

id say....

well...i won't choose haha... :kekeke:

they were both good... :sonny:

peace,

cookie