JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New info about Switch and album

Frenetic

"Will Smith "Switch" Single Out Soon

The first single from Will Smith's new album dropping January is out very soon. Sources say already in the second half of November. The track was produced by Kwamé and he talked about the track to MTV recently, ""It's not the traditional Will Smith record, but he's not trying to be a gangsta either," said Kwamé. "It's pop-oriented, but with a grimy element."

The New album released worldwide in January features DJ Jazzy Jeff, Timbaland, Kanye West, Elephant Man, Park Jin Young, Ludacris, Petey Pablo, Mary J. Blige, Kwame & more. This will be Will's 9th album and first since 2002. "

Just copied this from a swedish hiphop board. Don't know where the info is from, but the board is trustable. Seems to be MTV related.

Cool that Kanye, Ludacris and Elephant Man are confirmed. Could be really dope.

Thanks for the news! :thumb:

""It's not the traditional Will Smith record, but he's not trying to be a gangsta either,"

:sad6:

I hope he won't be acting like a wannabe gangsta. or looking like a g unit idiot...

And not a traditional Will Smith record... I hope it will be really oldskool.

jjfp rocks the house.

btw, jazzy jeff should be on every track, at least with his scratches!

I think what he's trying 2 say in that statement is that there won't be many songs like "Miami" which are overly commercial and aimed just 4 airplay. FP would never go gangsta...y'all should know better.

Yeah, but i'm still afraid of what kwame said...

Ludacris and Petey...

Ludacris is a really funny rapper, but i hope the lyrics will have more sense than they've had.

Oww, i hope that this album will be really tight.

I thought Kel Spencer would be also on the album.. lets see what is coming towards us.