Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Hitch Review

Hero1

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from a source!! :kekeke:

Are you joking? you don't have a source?

Anyways, here's a negative review posted on somebody's blog....

Last night was the exclusive advance screening of "Hitch", starring Will Smoth, Eva Mendes and Kevin James. This was Century 18 Sam's Town very first screening too. I met up with Jen, Jasson and their guests. They started lining people up around 6:15. They took the orange flyers that we had and gave us small green numbered passes. Even though we were let up to the theater, we still had to wait in line before they let us into the auditorium. Jen and I had to hide our faces cuz theater employees are actually not allowed to be at the screening but they saw us anyways o_O We were in theater #15, one of our 2 theaters that can hold more than 500 people. Those people made damn sure that everyone would be in here. A few of the seats were taped off for VIP people or movie executives. Finally, a guy went up to the front of the screen to let us know that we are the very first people to see the movie before its February release. Also, the movie is still a work in progress so it wasn't in the best quality either. The lights turned off and the movie began...

Basically - and sadly - everything that was shown in the trailer are the best parts of the movie. Love doctor has no time for love, falls for a girl who also has no time for love, identity is revealed, fight scene ensues, apologizes and wedding sequence (but it's not their wedding, just another couple Hitch helped bring together). So you really have to have an open mind or be in a good move to enjoy this movie. Afterwards, we all had to take a survey talking about what we liked or didn't like about the movie. One of the questions was to rate Michael Rapaport's performance, whose total screen time was 5 minutes at the most. I gave him a poor rating cuz he was sadly a disposable character. Just like the token black gay guy. We submitted our surveys and walked out of the theater and headed downstairs. However... we were informed that Will Smith was actually upstairs on the otherside so we all ran back up there. Our manager, Martin, spotted me and told our group to stay back for our own safety but we didn't wanna leave yet until he turned around. He was wearing a bright orange shirt and was talking to a few people. He was actually at the VIP room located at the top back of the auditorium. After that, we had to go downstairs and we had a final glimpse of him as he stepped off the elevator. One of the other people behind us recognized him and yelled out, "WILL!" and he turned, waved back and gave the peace sign. I wooted

from a source!! :kekeke:

Are you giving me a straight answer? Did someone in the know really tell you that "Hitch" got the hightest possible score for a test screening? I'm trying to seperate the bull**** that gets posted on the internet. Because you guys are posting positive reviews, and the one I posted from a person's blog was quite negative. So, I'm trying to figure out which one is more honest.

Everyones opinion of a movie is different but I AM CONFIDENT that the movie will be great. I also heard that the surprise screening in las vegas went over very very well when they polled the viewers. GO WILL!! :sonny: :clap::clap::clap:

I see from your profile that your from Vegas. Did you talk to someone who saw the screening, or maybe someone from Sony who ran it?

I have actuially moved back to California but I did talk to someone who was at the preview and they told me it was rated the highest marks by the viewers. I guess we will all have to wait and see if we like it. Im sure it will be GREAT!!

I have actuially moved back to California but I did talk to someone who was at the preview and they told me it was rated the highest marks by the viewers. I guess we will all have to wait and see if we like it. Im sure it will be GREAT!!

That's cool! Did the person you talk to like the movie? Do they work for Sony or Will? If so, it would be really cool job to have...seeing movie so far in advance!