JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will's Love is Worldwide

Hero1

• Admin
Will's Love is Worldwide (But Not Robot Style)

It's man vs. machine in Will Smith's new flick "I Robot." From "Men in Black" to boys in blue (he plays a cop in his upcoming sci-fi actioner), Smith is bringing sizzle to the summer box office for yet another Big Will Weekend.

"It's insane," Smith tells us. "I play a homicide detective investigating the first robot-human murder."

So if Smith had a robot, what kind of work would he want it to do? "I’d have my robot do basically everything." Everything? Will has some limits: "Well, you know, I wouldn’t be saying to my robot, ‘Look, I’m very tired this evening and my wife...’ You know, we wouldn’t take it that far, we’re not doing the anatomically-correct robot."

On the action front, it seems like Smith’s done it all on the big screen -- but "whoah," there’s one major exception. It turns out that Will was up for the role of Neo in the first "Matrix" movie. However, in hindsight, he doesn’t regret this missed opportunity: "When I look at ‘The Matrix’ with what Keanu did, and the way he played the character was so brilliant," Will admits. "Every once in a while as an actor you look at something and say, ‘Wow I would have messed that up. I really would have ruined that moment.’"

One thing is always in the groove for Smith -- his love connection with wife, actress Jada Pinkett Smith (herself a star of the two Matrix sequels). "Jada and I are really mobile," Smith tells us. "The world is our home, so I'm comfortable anywhere she is and she's comfortable anywhere I am. We share the love. It's a worldwide love, it ain't no local love, because some folks got local love, we’ve got international love."

And we'll share the love of "I Robot" when it hits theatres in July.

video here: [url="http://extratv.warnerbros.com/dailynews/extra/0304/03_31b.html"]http://extratv.warnerbros.com/dailynews/ex...304/03_31b.html[/url]