JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Ll Cool J "hush" Video

JumpinJack AJ

Wow! I just saw it on BET's Midnight Love. The video is geat. It goes back and forth between footage of a young LL look alike hooking up with a girl and modern day scenes that match the 80's footage. LL is rockin' basic colorful Hip-Hop gear including a shirt tributing is late Grandmother. Just a great stylish video all the way around. Like "Headsprung," it gives u a taste of another track on the album at the end.

Look out 4 it....Hip-Hop videos just don't have heart like this one. Just fun, colorful and non-phoney.

Yeah, not 2 mention that fact that it's far better than the Ja-Rule/Nelly/50 Cent/ D12/Chingy/Lil' Jon/Lil' Scrappy/ crap out right now.

Off topic ?uestion...why is dose the title of this post appear the way it dose? I always make my topic titles in all CAPS!?!?

I didn't know that waz Najee...thanx 4 posting that (no wonder they look similar). It's hard 2 imagin all these Hip-Hop kids growing up (like Corey and Trey).

I like the idea of putting "Shake It Baby" at the end since it'll appeal 2 a different audience than hush...but i still think it's one of the more average trax on the album.

Guest lambertj3

i think he could have cut out a lot of the pop -r and b stuff and kept it street like he did when he ripped cannibus a new one, after that look at cannibus carrer now :ali:

I don't mind LL's street stuff....but i really like his current stuff. He's a family man who's been doing this forever. To talk like he's in the streets everyday would be phoney. I just like hearing LL record stuff i can relate 2 from the 1st track 2 the last. The lyrics are straight forward and something that kids can listen 2 as well which i admire alot. I don't mind if he gets gritty for another album, but i don't want the lyrics 2 get explict. U can hear explict stuff anywhere.

The production on The DEFinition covers all bases...straight Hip-Hop (Feel The Beat), R-N-B love joint (Hush), slick commercial track (Rub My Back), club banger (Headsprung), ghetto-fab party joint (Move Somethin'), straight lyrical joint, (1 In Da Morning). Like all great artists, there's more 2 the album than the singles.

LL is just a standard 4 what a legend should be in my opinion. I can't wait 2 see the video again. I think it's flawless.