JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

EMINEM - CURTAIN CALL 2

Eminem reveals album cover & release date for ‘Curtain Call 2’

by Timothy Mwachia

Eminem’s ‘Curtain Call 2’ drops next month

Eminem teased the sequel to his monster compilation album Curtain Call: The Greatest Hits last month, and now he discloses its artwork & release date. In a press release revealed on Monday (July 11), Em shared the cover and a release date of August 5 for the album. The project will be released through Shady Records/Aftermath Entertainment/Interscope Records.

The Detroit rapper hinted at the album when he dropped the Snoop Dogg-assisted single, ‘’ From the D 2 the LBC,’’ last month. The record premiered on June 23 at Ape Fest, the Bored Ape NFT event at NFT.NYC and is the lead single for the forthcoming project.

The album will feature Slim Shady’s music released since the first installment dropped in 2005, and songs will be lifted from his projects from ‘’Relapse forward, including side-projects, guest appearances, film soundtrack songs, and of course selections from his solo albums.’’

Along with the standard version, there will be limited edition box set and a limited quantity of autographed vinyl available on Eminem’s website.

Curtain Call: The Greatest Hits was released in December 2005 and included Em’s biggest jams like “The Way I Am,” “My Name Is,” “Guilty Conscience” and “Without Me.” In 2017, it became the longest-running rap album on Billboard 200.

I'm a little curious about this.  My interest in his music has been on a steady decline over the past 20 years, especially after 2005. The industry has changed so much since then. Hit songs in recent years are mostly disposable as if they were never hits.  The production on his projects since 2005 definitely isn't on the level that he was prior to that. I'm not crazy about the album cover either. If you're going to do a sequel, I feel like the art work should have some sort of nod to the previous album cover. This might be just what he needs to get his music back in the eyes of the mainstream, though. 

i was never too crazy about eminem to begin with, no interest whatsoever, he shoulda never reached the hall of fame either, to me him and 50 cent are the most overrated rappers of all time, dr dre shoulda never signed them, eminem also should be thankful that will smith focused on ali in 2000/2001 rather than going to the studio with jazzy to do a proper response to the real slim shady and if he recorded the theme to ali instead of the rapist you know who it woulda won an oscar and a grammy in 2002 and been bigger than lose yourself

Big Ted, I disagree with a lot of what you said. His writing style, rhyme schemes, etc are all second to none. When a lot of artists were making irrelevant music that was just a carbon copy of what the other artists were doing, he was forging his own path.  He's not one of my favorite artists, but he did a lot that changed music. There are plenty of songs he created that are amazing lyrically or based on their subject matter. There's also plenty that are unlistenable, but he's one of Hip-Hop's biggest and smartest fans and that spills into the music.  Not to mention he also produces and has his own label that has actually furthered other artists' careers. 

Eminem says it's hard to see himself rhyming after 50, which he nearly is, so maybe this is (one of) his final project(s).  He deserves to cap his career off with it, but I don't know how many actual hits he's had since the last greatest hits complication. 

I'm diggin' the new song he did with Snoop that'll be on it. 

to me eminem is a waste of talent mostly, but i do like that he's trying to redeem his old school image by doing projects with ll cool j dr dre and snoop dogg, that's a cool single but on the most part he ain't hall of fame worthy when jjfp, mc hammer, krs one, heavy d, and moe dee, etc... have way deeper and consistant catalogs, the goat ll cool j had to wait 13 years, why did eminem get in on the 1st year???....

Edited by bigted

The track listing is out. It's two CDs.  I haven't followed Eminem too closely over the years, but I'm pretty sure half of these weren't actual hits.  It seems like he could have picked songs from this line up and created a single disc collection that would have been stronger. 

https://hypebeast.com/2022/8/eminem-curtain-call-2-tracklist-50-cent-beyonce-dr-dre

Eminem Unveils 'Curtain Call 2' Tracklist Featuring Dr. Dre, 50 Cent, Beyoncé and More

Dropping August 5.

TEXT BY
Sophie Caraan

Eminem has unveiled the official tracklist of his upcoming project, Curtain Call 2.

The 34-track greatest hits collection is set to include several of his No. 1 hits including “Love The Way You Lie” and “The Monster” featuring Rihanna, and “Crack a Bottle” with 50 Cent and Dr Dre, along with more recent releases such as “Godzilla” featuring the late Juice WRLD. Fans can also look forward to Em’s unreleased 50 Cent collab titled “Is This Love (‘09),” which is supposedly produced by Dr. Dre.

Curtain Call 2 will mark the rapper’s second greatest hits project, with the first Curtain Call becoming the first hip-hop record to spend a full decade on the Billboard 200.

Take a look at the full tracklist below. Curtain Call 2 drops August 5.

Edited by JumpinJack AJ

come to think about it, maybe i'm a bit too hard on eminem 'cause of the real slim shady, he ain't one of the greatest but he's far from the worst rapper either, in fact i'd like to see will smith attend the hall of fame ceremony for eminem to show that there's love and not beef...

• 3 weeks later...