JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

WILL SMITH HOPS INTO THE HOT SEAT WITH DAVID LETTERMAN INTERVIEW

https://nypost.com/2022/05/05/will-smith-hops-into-hot-seat-with-david-letterman-interview/

Will Smith hops into hot seat with David Letterman interview

May 5, 2022 2:46pm 

Fans and critics will finally hear from Will Smith following the infamous Oscars slap.

The actor is among the next round of celebrities appearing on David Letterman’s Netflix talk show, “My Next Guest Needs No Introduction.”

Season 4 of the chat series drops on the streamer May 20.

The six-episode season will also see stars such as Cardi B, Billie Eilish, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Ryan Reynolds.

The last time Letterman’s show hit Netflix was in October 2020.

Smith, 53, has dealt with a lot on his plate recently, being known as the guy who slapped Chris Rock on live television, and subsequently losing out on upcoming film projects — even after taking home his first Oscar.

The “King Richard” star caused a dramatic scene during the 94th Academy Awards on March 27, when he ran up on the stage at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles and bopped Rock, 57, in the face.

MY NEXT GUEST NEEDS NO INTRODUCTION WITH DAVID LETTERMAN, host David Letterman, ‘Dave Chappelle’, (Season 3, aired Oct. 21, 2020). photo: Mathieu Bitton / ©Netflix / Courtesy Everett Collection Will Smith with be appearing alongside several other celebrities in David Letterman’s Netflix talk show, “My Next Guest Needs No Introduction.” Everett Collection TOPSHOT - US actor Will Smith holds his award for Best Actor in a Leading Role for "King Richard" as he attends the 2022 Vanity Fair Oscar Party following the 94th Oscars at the The Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts in Beverly Hills, California on March 27, 2022. (Photo by Patrick T. FALLON / AFP) (Photo by PATRICK T. FALLON/AFP via Getty Images) Smith won the Oscar for Best Actor for his role in “King Richard” on March 27. AFP via Getty Images David Letterman Season 4 of Letterman’s talk show drops on Netflix May 20. Netflix

However, viewers shouldn’t expect Smith to open up about the incident during his interview with the former “Late Show” host. The episodes were filmed prior to March 2022.

As a result of the “Gettin’ Jiggy Wit It” rapper’s actions, he was banned from the Oscars for 10 years. Smith smacked Rock because the comedian made a joke about his wife, Jada Pinkett-Smith’s bald head. The 50-year-old actress suffers from alopecia.

Other A-listers baring their soul to Letterman, 75, have included Kim Kardashian, Robert Downey Jr., Lizzo, Kanye West, Jay-Z, George Clooney, Barack Obama and Dave Chappelle.

Chappelle, meanwhile, became the second comedian to be attacked onstage and on camera since the Oscars incident. Earlier this week, the 48-year-old entertainer was assaulted by an unruly audience member at the Hollywood Bowl. He was not harmed in the frightening altercation, and the assailant was charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

I almost wish they'd shoot additional footage to address the incident. Will and David have always had great chemistry and his show is excellent. It would certainly be better than doing a red table talk. 

• Members

It was good. It was a good interview. Funny, interesting plus Will and Dave always had excellent chemistry.
I have  to say I laughed out loud when Will said "I realized at that moment that I can handle anything the life throws at me."
I was like "...except for mild humor about your wife's haircut apparently." :)
I truly recommend everyone here sees it. It was probably the last we'll ever see of the pre-slap Will ... and sth tells me that post-slap Will might be slightly different.

I feel like if that was about the "haircut" Will and Chris would be on the next SNL laughing about it. This seems way deeper than that. Either Will is going through something or the other guy is not the innocent victim everyone seems to take him for. We'll see how this goes on. Will probably won't speak for a while though.

• 1 year later...