JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

BAD BOYS 4 REPORTEDLY ON PAUSE AFTER OSCAR SLAP

This probably isn't even worth sharing this.  The bottom of the article it asks if we're upset we won't get another Bad Boys film, yet it only rumors a pause in the project without providing a source. The script isn't finished.  Of course Will has to address some other things this week.  The reggae group Inner Circle has posted videos will Will this week, congratulating him on the Oscar win and plugging Bad Boys 4 news on the horizon. 

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/bad-boys-4-reportedly-on-pause-after-will-smith-oscar-slap/

Bad Boys 4 Reportedly on Pause After Will Smith Oscar Slap

By NATHANIEL BRAIL - April 1, 2022 09:03 pm EDT

The slap that no one can stop talking about continues to make waves for Academy Award-winner Will Smith. As you probably already know, this past Sunday at the Academy Awards, Smith slapped Chris Rock for a joke the comedian made about Jada Pinkett-Smith while on stage at the awards show. The actor has already released an apology to Rock and the awards show, and now it's affecting one of his upcoming projects. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the iconic actor's actions have caused Sony Pictures to pause the upcoming fourth Bad Boys film.
"Is there any immediate effect on his projects? Well, here's one tidbit we've heard this week: Bad Boys 4 had been in active development, and Smith received 40 pages of the script before the Oscars incident," The trade notes. "according to our sources. Now there will be a ... pause ... in work as things play out, we've been told."

Earlier this evening, Smith was even forced to resign from The Academy of Motion Pictures and Sciences. The actor is currently under investigation for his actions and has agreed to do whatever they decide. Smith also released an official statement on his resignation from the Academy.

"I have directly responded to the Academy's disciplinary hearing notice, and I will fully accept any and all consequences for my conduct. My actions at the 94th Academy Awards presentation were shocking, painful, and inexcusable. The list of those I have hurt is long and includes Chris, his family, many of my dear friends and loved ones, all those in attendance, and global audiences at home. I betrayed the trust of the Academy. I deprived other nominees and winners of their opportunity to celebrate and be celebrated for their extraordinary work. I am heartbroken. I want to put the focus back on those who deserve attention for their achievements and allow the Academy to get back to the incredible work it does to support creativity and artistry in film. So, I am resigning from membership in the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, and will accept any further consequences the Board deems appropriate. Change takes time and I am committed to doing the work to ensure that I never again allow violence to overtake reason."

What do you think about the Will Smith situation? Are you upset there won't be another Bad Boys film? Let us know your thoughts either in the comments section or by hitting our writer @NateBrail up on Twitter!

• Admin

I'm excited they have 40 pages of the script done - which probably leaves about 20 to go. I'm just not sure we need a Bad Boys 4 tho?  - I think Bad Boys 4 life kind of wrapped up the series for me - I'd rather it end on a high.

I think that as long as the script is good, the Bad Boys movies can keep coming.  I feel the same way about the MIB movies.  I actually thought Bad Boys 4 Life was kind of leaning toward average.  The super natural aspect of it was just kind of weird to me.  I'd like to see another one without that aspect. 

I still need to see Bad Boys For Life I agree with AJ As long as the script is good they can keep making them Bad Boys and Men In Black are like my favorite movie franchises i know how people feel about the last MIB movie but i still really enjoyed it when all this crap has blown over i hope Bad Boys 4 can get going again 

Edited by ant1

• 1 month later...