JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Is now the time for Will to return to music?

Hero1

Should Will return to music  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should Will Smith return to rap?

• Definitely
    • No, stay retired

• Admin

Jim I think the best tracks he did over the last few years was the freestyle which was a few years old, the Will remix and Freak accident. I think one of the producers who worked with him didn't like the new stuff he was doing either and said he wanted more Big Willie Style era - would have loved to hear that track. I don't think we need to hear anything like Get Lit but I bet he has some good tracks he has just never released.

he should do a lost tapes mixtape with jazzy jeff, he needs to return to his roots, f hollywood will, keep it true to your jjfp heads if you're reading, there's been a lot of buzz on the board, do it for the hype heads...

The remix on the Jaden song and on that Joyner track were fire. He still got it. He just does not feel there will be a market for his music and he does not want to drop an album and see it not sell. But I agree. The energy he puts on uploading videos on youtube and Instagram, he can put on uploading some unreleased tracks online and watching for the response.

He's definitely got some great content, it would also be a great way for him to vent. Everyone is talking about him right now (MIB was playing in my local supermarket) so i think people would be more interested in what he has to say right now. Its the whole, no publicity is bad publicity thing. 

It would be great for him to spend time with Jeff, JL and Charlie etc. From the book, those guys seem to of always been such a positive impact on his life. He was like his old self when he did that zoom thing with them in lockdown. 

9 hours ago, Jazzy Julie said:

He's definitely got some great content, it would also be a great way for him to vent. Everyone is talking about him right now (MIB was playing in my local supermarket) so i think people would be more interested in what he has to say right now. Its the whole, no publicity is bad publicity thing. 

It would be great for him to spend time with Jeff, JL and Charlie etc. From the book, those guys seem to of always been such a positive impact on his life. He was like his old self when he did that zoom thing with them in lockdown. 

Yes, that zoom with JJ+FP and Charlie was the most natural I've seen Will in front of a camera in awhile. The energy and the comedy just flowed. 

On 4/1/2022 at 6:11 AM, analogue said:

I dunno. With the way things have been I'm scared Will is  gonna come out with a gangster rap album :smiley-laughing004:

i'm hoping that he teams up with jeff and does a code red/willenium project in philly for the streets and get back at all; the critics, to me will's like hammer, he's harder than 99% of the fake gangsta rappers, go for eminem's crown will and go diamond with some hard heat

Hi guys! Been away for a while but obviously with what happened i want to see how the fam here feels, and to me, it's just, my heart hurts for Will right now. But i need to ask. In what world are you not allowed to stand up for yourself and your family when they get disrespected, from a joke that shouldn't have been made, You get angry and react and your the one who gets all the **** thrown at you. like Really! WTF! I hope and pray Will will be alright from this. 

Edited by ant1

• 8 months later...