JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

WILL WANTS TO PLAY DEADSHOT (SUICIDE SQUAD) AGAIN

JumpinJack AJ

https://www.small-screen.co.uk/will-smith-wants-to-play-deadshot-again/?fbclid=IwAR1eGYfrrhiLDCCAJzPXzcZt172YKgtFiIzHBwpl2rm5eP2DBHF2Qszz940

Will Smith Wants To Play Deadshot Again

on 21 March 2022 at 4:05 PM
will-smith-wants-to-play-deadshot-again

It’s been revealed that Will Smith is still very interested in playing his Suicide Squad movie character, Deadshot again in the DCEU.

Before I go into who’s been reporting that the Suicide Squad actor wants to return to play Deadshot, I have to mention what he actually said about playing the character again in the past.

During an interview which was for King Richard back in 2021, Will Smith was asked about potentially returning to the DCEU to play Deadshot.

At first, he seemed to think that Idris Elba was playing Deadshot in James Gunn’s The Suicide Squad.

However, the interviewer explained that Elba wasn’t playing Deadshot in the movie (he was actually playing Bloodspot in the movie).

Upon learning this news, Smith said:

Alright, cool, so I can come back.

Smith was joking, of course. He must have already known that he could return as Deadshot – at least, I hope so.

COULD WILL SMITH RETURN AS DEADSHOT IN THE DCEU?

Will-Smith-Deadshot-DCEU-Warner-Bros

Credit: Warner Bros. Pictures

Read more: Warner Bros Wants Will Smith Back As Deadshot In The DCEU

Anyway, it’s now being reported by Giant Freakin Robot that Will Smith wants to play Deadshot again in the DCEU.

However, they are reporting that the actor has one condition for his return.

According to the outlet, Smith wants Deadshot to become a member of the next Justice League.

Now, this is a very strange demand, especially since Deadshot has never been a part of the Justice League in the comics.

COULD WILL SMITH’S DEADSHOT WORK IN THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?

That said, Smith’s interpretation of the character could fit in nicely with the DCEU’s Justice League.

He’s more of an anti-hero and he could be brought onto the team at some point in the future to help out with a very specific mission.

I cannot wait to see what happens with Smith and his Deadshot character in the DCEU.

What do you make of this news?

Would you like to see Smith return as Deadshot in the DCEU?

I found this article from 2019 when I went to find the article above...

https://www.small-screen.co.uk/will-smith-deadshot-warner-bros-suicide-squad-dc-comics-dceu/

Warner Bros Wants Will Smith Back As Deadshot In The DCEU

on 21 October 2019 at 11:27 PM
Will-Smith-Deadshot-DCEU-Warner-Bros

When James Gunn was handed the keys to The Suicide Squad movie (which is a reboot of David Ayer’s Suicide Squad movie, by the way), it was revealed that Will Smith wouldn’t be returning as Deadshot.

It was claimed that Warner Bros. may have recast Deadshot when it was revealed that Idris Elba was going to be in the movie, but that was later revealed not to be the case.

Elba will be playing a different character, which means there is still scope for Will Smith to return as Deadshot in the DCEU at a later date.

This is where We Got This Covered’s source comes into play. According to the website, a source told them that Warner Bros. is actually very keen on bringing Will Smith back to the DCEU as Deadshot.

They went on to report that Smith’s return as Deadshot could take place in his own standalone movie, or a third Suicide Squad film, which would be rather fun.

Smith’s portrayal of Deadshot was one of the highlights of the first Suicide Squad film. I genuinely enjoyed him in the role.

WHY NOT BRING WILL SMITH’S DEADSHOT BACK INTO THE DCEU?

Will Smith as Deadshot in Suicide Squad

Will Smith as Deadshot in Suicide Squad (Credit: Warner Bros. Pictures)

He and Margot Robbie were the two best things about that movie, and I wouldn’t be averse to seeing him get another crack at the character in another DCEU movie.

Smith’s career has gone through something of a renaissance in the last few years. It all started with Suicide Squad, and he then went on to star as the Genie in Disney’s live-action Aladdin remake, which I actually really enjoyed.

He most recently starred in Ang Lee’s Gemini Man, which wasn’t great, but it wasn’t terrible either, and his performance in it is actually very good.

I would never say no to more Will Smith in anything. You might say that I have a bit of a soft spot for the Fresh Prince, and I want more movies starring him.

What do you think? Would you like to see Will Smith return as Deadshot in the DCEU?