JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Fill Me In - it’s been a while…

Big Willie

Hey everybody,

So it’s been a loooooong time since I frequented the boards, being married and having kids kinds takes it’s toll on a JJFP fan lol how is everybody? 

I’ve tried my utmost to keep on top of all things JJFP, but I’ve felt my fan ship slipping just with the basic pressures of life. However, I bought Will the book and I’m 15 chapters deep, and it’s rekindled my fandom (what a phenomenal book btw). 

I’d say I lost touch around Collateral Beauty, I’ve still managed to catch all the movies (I hope) but I’m just wondering what else I could have missed. Since CB, I’ve managed to still catch… 

Movies - Bright, Aladdin, Gemini Man, Spies in Disguise and BB4L

and I know of King Richard and Emancipation.

TV - FPOBA Reunion, Cobra Kai 3, Shark Week and Bucket List. 

I still need to watch Best Shape of My Life, One Strange Rock and Amend. I’ve also heard on Will From Home but don’t know if it’s available anywhere?

and I know of Welcome to Earth in December. 

Music - Joyner Lucas collab, Aladdin songs, Icon remix, Esta Rico, World Cup song and the feature on Logics album and obviously Get Lit (I was in Blackpool). 

I did a bit of research trying to find what I’d missed and came up with the above list, am I missing anything else?

Take care, fam. Stay safe. 

• Admin

Hey man - great to hear from you! I think the "Will" book is phenomenal - I wish more people came back to the forum because there is so much in the book to discuss. He really goes in deep on becoming a battle rapper and the making of the Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince albums. 

You probably misses some music he dropped on his Instagram & YouTube. Will from Home was on Snapchat - there is an interview with Jeff on that after he almost died from Covid.

There's still heaps of things going on - just less people on here to talk about it unfortunately. Hopefully the book brings some people back!

tell me more will smith GIF

4 hours ago, Hero1 said:

Hey man - great to hear from you! I think the "Will" book is phenomenal - I wish more people came back to the forum because there is so much in the book to discuss. He really goes in deep on becoming a battle rapper and the making of the Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince albums. 

You probably misses some music he dropped on his Instagram & YouTube. Will from Home was on Snapchat - there is an interview with Jeff on that after he almost died from Covid.

There's still heaps of things going on - just less people on here to talk about it unfortunately. Hopefully the book brings some people back!

tell me more will smith GIF

I just finished the book, I put a review in the thread for reviews AJ started. I was blown away with the honestly and surprised at how much I didn’t know. 

I’m gonna be checking his socials for anything I missed. I work at a race track, it’s seasonal for the most part, a lot of 7 day weeks in the Summer but a lot of downtime in the winter. I’m gonna use the time off to explore and find what I’ve missed. 

big willie good seeing you brother, it's a great time to be a jjfp fan, with the will book, king richard, and mag mob jazzy jeff site it's like lost and found 2005 all over again, and other things in hip hop with the krs one vs big daddy kane versuz battle has been bringing interest in old school hip hop again, ll cool j and jay z made the hall of fame has been exciting, i've been catching up with other hip hop books like 50 cent's autobiography, eminem's biography, and jay-z' decoded as well studying how other artists think and do their thing and  i've been doing my thing too, keeping busy writing music and doing zoom group therapy classes has been beneficial during the covid 19 time, i do freelance online stuff too, looking forward to 2022 and the future 2020s years to be a resurrection of real hip hop...