Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What was the last album you bought?

Jazzy Julie

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS LISTEN 2 EMINEM

:werd: I think that it's wack when you walk in a music shop they have a million Eminem and other pop rappers CDs in stock, but they don't have any of JJFP's albums, KRS-ONE's albums, or Big Daddy Kane's albums, that's what pisses me off 'cause I don't feel like wasting my money on Eminem or them other pop rappers. :bang:

hahaha :roll: , i tried to save some of my friends from him, but it was too late! I even used Will to try to tempt them back into the light.

I dont even bother listening to hisstuff anymore bcoz i know i will never like any of it. Maybe if i need a good laugh some time and im very bored.

:werd: I think that it's wack when you walk in a music shop they have a million Eminem and other pop rappers CDs in stock, but they don't have any of JJFP's albums, KRS-ONE's albums, or Big Daddy Kane's albums, that's what pisses me off 'cause I don't feel like wasting my money on Eminem or them other pop rappers. :bang:

Thats because alot more people wanna listen and support Eminem rather than those mentioned artists! Its all about supply and demand.

Thats because alot more people wanna listen and support Eminem rather than those mentioned artists! Its all about supply and demand.

I wanted to bring back this quote from Chuck D that I put here last week that explains why hip-hop is the way it is now:

"MUSIC… The music biz is prehistoric in their handling of art. Lawyers and accountants are holding on to the old way because it pays their craft forever well. The 12-track album format is over. Seriously, when was the last time you named more than 3-4 cuts off any album? Hype has ruled in convincing the public that these albums are just that. Truly we are, and have been, in a singles market, only based on the popularity, or politics, pushing the play of the single/video. Twelve cuts? A waste of yours, and our time, only contractually warranted so retail can sell you a $1.00 CD for $11.99. It's not the artist's fault; it's just that there's more product out there. Don't make the mistake of comparing DR. DRE'S CHRONIC and 2001 albums. It's impossible because of two different ways and eras of listening. When was the last time you played a cut all the way through, not pressing the next track seek button? Technology has allowed this way of quickly moving through an album without even hearing the hook/chorus, thus people have collections of CDs in their crib that they've hardly heard but had to have, based on marketing."

Edited by bigted

• 2 weeks later...

Lemar - Time To Grow

Simply Amazing - only way to describe it - so far best album of year for me

I urge all UK people to go out and get it

I good some oldies but goodies this weekend.

Kenny Lattimore's 1996 self-titled debut.

Cherekee's 1998 debut album.

Who's The Man Soundtrack (1993 feat Heavy D, Pete Rock + CL Smooth, Father MC, Mary J. Blige, Jodeci...my cousin got it when it 1st came out, but it waz time 4 me 2 finally get it).

It's really good - it's been a while since an album has blown me away but this one managed it.

(He worked with Brian Mcknight on a couple of songs the U.S. people should know him)

The new album is alot more serious - he tackles a few deeper subjects.

Overall it's less pop than his first album - more soulfull with a few upbeat tracks mixed in for some varitey

It also has his cover of the Darkness - I believe in a thing called love. as a bonus track

not sure when it get's an international release but get it if you get the chance