JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

kanye west donda, his best album in 15 years

bigted

to me kanye west besides 50 cent lil wayne rick ross and drake he's been one of the most overrated and egotistical and inconsistant rap artist but with this album donda he has returned to making the real hip hop music he was making from 2002-2006 ish he'll never lose the ego but with welcome arms WELCOME BACK TO REAL HIP HOP KANYE WEST, maybe this will inspire will to put out an album again because this is one of the best mainstream hip hop album since lost and found outside of common and nas....

...on another note though i believe one thing that seperates kanye west from other mainstream rap artists is that i need to give credit where credit is due, if he never released the college dropout album in early 2004 who knows if will smith would've released lost and found album a year later in 2005, let's pray that donda could do the same thing here for will....

• 2 weeks later...

I gotta be honest. I'll likely not give it a listen.  Kanye is too much of a clown for me to really accept his music. I haven't liked a Kanye album since about 2008-ish. It would be like buying a new sexed out R. Kelly album.  The character of the artist just ruins the art.  I just don't care about anything Kanye West. 

A Hip-Hop producer I kind of follow put it this way, and I have no doubt I'd agree. I listened to one song that a friend suggested, which I didn't really like, and felt a lot of what this artist said about it just based on that one song....

May be an image of text

well i'd never consider kanye the greatest hip hop artist or anything but how many good albums are out these days? there's a reason why i don't blame will for not putting out music anymore, i wouldn't want to be associated with these wack rappers and kanye's still better than drake and 90% of these so called rappers out in the last 10-15 years...but on another note nas and common put out great albums recently but it's sad how people are so damn focused on record sales that they don't give them a listen...

i'd consider nas and common more gospel hip hop than i would kanye west, i heard kanye's breaking records for most streamed gospel music, it's a good album, but it's not epic, although that drake trash is getting a lot of streams right now too, people called will smith and mc hammer sell outs back in the day but their music was legendary and there was a lot of quality music selling back then too, the internet killed quality music...