JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New York

willsmithfan1

• Members

Can people help me answer these questions please. This is my geography homework & I need a bit of help on it. These are not all my questions but then ones I want to ask anybody who lives or knows a lot bout New York...

1) What are the people like in New York?

2) What is the climate there?

3) What kind of people live there?

4) What celebrations happen there like festivals...?

I know a little about New York City...i use to live like 5 min from it back in '89-'92.

1) What are the people like in New York?

The people are of different cultures, different walks of life. Its called "the city that dont sleep" because everyone is usually in a "rush" or busy type of mode. Getting to where they need to get. Doing what they gotta do.

2) What is the climate there?

Again, since I lived in North Jersey for 13.8 years of my life, its basically the same as where I lived. The climate is average. In the summer it could get to 100 degrees and in the winter it could be zero degrees.

3) What kind of people live there?

Every kind. Spanish, Italians, Americans, Chinese, Japanese, blacks, whites, jew..etc. Like a melting pot.

4) What celebrations happen there like festivals...?

Anything on an american calendar. Depends what religion you are. Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years are the most popular. Times Square is the place to be for New Years Eve. On Thanksgiving theres a huge parade every year thats called the Macys Thanksgiving Day parade.

Hope this helps.

aw, don't be like that u guys. I can clearly remember when alot of other fans needed help over the years with something,...and ppl responded. If we are gonna be a family, its just like helping one another 'succeed' in one way or another...and there's nothing wrong with asking for a lil help....

Here's a couple of good links. I think Jim hit it up pretty good, because I grew up in Jersey too, and New York is absolutely beautiful! It can get pretty cold tho...My favourite city, Manhattan, people fillin the streets up late at nite, seems like its daytyme... I loved walking on the sidewalks at nite, and buying a shis~ka~bob. um umph!.

timesquare is pretty popular, and I hope you do good on ur test.

Timesquare

NY City Government info

Museum of the City of NY

These last two links are to excellent sites,...they have just about anything and everything you can use on your project about NY... :thumb:

all about NY

more info on NY 4 ya! : )

Let us know how u do on ur project....ok? :clap:

peace,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies