JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Live at Union Square

Viktor

In this track of the He's the DJ album, Will says he would like to pay his respect to some artist.. I don't remember their names, but I think one of them was called DJ Red Alert... I've never heard of anyone of those people.

Anyone know where I can listen to some samples of their music?

Grandmaster Caz is a old skool DJ. He waz actually in the VH-1 episodes "And You Don't Stop." Melle Mel is a lyrical legend. He's a part of Grandmaster Flash + The Furious Five. He's one of the illest emcees Hip-Hop has ever seen. He has the strongest verse on legendary track "The Message."

I have that message track.. didn't know he was on it.. lots of MCs calling themself grandmaster huh? :) most of those old school MC never get played much here in sweden, we only got that mainstream crap they play on the radio 200 times a day, but offcorse when BWS was new and they played Wills tracks all the time I was kinda happy I live in a so mainstream oriented country :)

DJ Red Alert produced da Jungle Brothers n many other guys durin da late 80ies n da early 90ies. Mr Magic is a very very famous radio DJ from da early days of Hip Hop... his radio shows were legendary... also check Whodini's "magic wand" n "mr Magic" 4 more info;-)....

Grandmaster Caz was also a member of da legendary Coldcrush brothers (Busy bee n so in)... just additional info 2 AJ.

Peace

fs1

Yeah, Mr. Magic actually featured the ORIGINAL "Girls Ain't Nothing But Trouble" on one of his many successfull old school compilation albums. DJ Red Alert is one of Hip-Hop most well known old school DJ's. He's not really a producer but u can find his work on that Jungle Brother's track and on A Tribe Called Quest's 1st album. He known more as a radio DJ personality like Mr. Magic.

I have that message track.. didn't know he was on it.. lots of MCs calling themself grandmaster huh? :) most of those old school MC never get played much here in sweden, we only got that mainstream crap they play on the radio 200 times a day, but offcorse when BWS was new and they played Wills tracks all the time I was kinda happy I live in a so mainstream oriented country :)

yeah man viktor, we should be lucky that will is kinda mainstream

^^