JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New GANG STARR Album / Single with J. Cole

10th Prince

https://hypebeast.com/2019/9/dj-premier-new-gang-starr-album-info-2019-news-release-date

DJ Premier Introduces a New Gang Starr Album

It’s been 16 years since fans received a new Gang Starr LP.

Nearly ten years after the passing of legendary East Coast emcee Guru, DJ Premier is announcing a new Gang Starr album. Specifically, the 53-year-old NYC legend took to social media this week to tease and introduce the next Gang Starr LP.

This Tuesday, DJ Premier asked his Twitter followers what would happen if he “released a new…,” alluding to a another, untitled piece of music from an unspecified group or artist. Then, putting together that puzzle’s pieces, Premier took to Instagram to share a visual featuring Nas; in that clip, the Illmatic lyricist asks, “Is it true there’s a new Gang Starr album?” Judging by this week’s promotional campaign, the answer to that is obviously “yes.”

It has been 16 years since Gang Starr debuted a new project, as the last Gang Starr album to hit shelves was 2003’s The Ownerz. Altogether, Premier and Guru cooked up six official full-length studio albums as Gang Starr, including historic releases such as 1991’s Step in the Arena and 1992’s Daily Operation. Outside of his duo with Premier, Guru also crafted solo albums like 1993’s Guru’s Jazzmatazz, Vol. 1 — his first full-length without his trailblazing Gang Starr collaborator by his side and the introductory entry in his acclaimed Jazzmatazz series.

You can take a look at DJ Premier’s original, Instagram-posted visual announcement regarding Gang Starr’s new studio project below, and stay tuned for more details concerning that effort.

Back in May, DJ Premier linked up with Griselda rappers Westside Gunn, Conway the Machine and Benny the Butcher for the collaborative single “Headlines.”

Edited by 10th Prince

Between this news a jjfp Will Smith bday concert and 'LL cool j and dmx going back to def jam hip hop is resurrecting again!!!

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.okayplayer.com/music/when-is-gang-starr-releasing-new-album-2019.html?fbclid=IwAR3uIS8NpGg2s9rBBNc4i6C_Z5Jdix40W_5Nc1L3HlIc6ncTTPKgiGtExFo

Gang Starr Announces First New Album In 16 Years, Shares New Song

POSTED BY ELIJAH C. WATSON 1 MIN AGO

Gang Starr Announces First New Album In 16 Years, Shares New Song

The album is titled, One of the Best Yet.

Following the release of the group’s first single in 16 years, Gang Starr has now announced their first new album in 16 years.

READ: DJ Premier Reveals The “Emotional” Process Of Producing Gang Starr’s First Single In 16 Years

Titled One of the Best Yet, the album’s 16 tracks are produced solely by DJ Premier and features J. Cole, Q-Tip, Talib Kweli, M.O.P. and others. Premier started working on the album in September 2017 (seven years after Guru’s death) while an urn with Guru’s ashes sat atop his production console.

“I never lost faith, or wavered. I still felt it inside of me, it just happened to be nine years later (after Guru’s passing),” Premier said in a press release for the album. “We all want the things we want right now, but I am a patient guy.  I hung in there and I just kept believing.”

“This album means everything to me.  It’s a continuation of what I never wanted to end,” Premier added. “It’s a very foreign place for me and very emotional. I get happy, sad, excited; my feelings are kind of all over the place. But predominantly, just very happy to be making music with Guru again.”

Along with the album’s announcement, Gang Starr has shared another track from the album titled “Bad Name.”

One of the Best Yet is expected to drop November 1, 2019. Check out the tracklist below.

1. The Sure Shot (Intro)
2. Lights Out feat. M.O.P.
3. Bad Name
4. Hit Man feat. Q-Tip
5. What’s Real feat. Group Home & Royce Da 5’9”
6. Keith Casim Elam (Interlude)
7. From A Distance feat. Jeru The Damaja
8. Family and Loyalty feat. J. Cole
9. Get Together feat. Ne-Yo & Nitty Scott
10. NYGz/GS 183rd (Interlude)
11. So Many Rappers
12. Business Or Art feat. Talib Kweli
13. Bring It Back Here
14. One Of The Best Yet (Big Shug Interlude)
15. Take Flight (Militia Pt. 4) feat. Big Shug & Freddie Foxxx
16. Bless The Mic

• 3 months later...

Why aren't more of y'all into this album?

They just dropped a remix of "Bad Name" featuring Method Man and Redman!

http://premierwuzhere.com/videos/gang-starr-feat-method-man-redman-bad-name-remix/?fbclid=IwAR1StuxPZ3H98vOqOAFm4TIyFRiJy4Tg_jouM01QC0k217eFSI2OCWK51hA

I love gangstarr so much has gone on in my life lately but I always take time for real hip hop...

Btw h ip hop is my life story I'm working on new music myself been doing my thing for almost 20 years I never give up!