JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Nas - Lost Tapes 2

dparrott

I don't really like that "Jarreau Of Rap" song, the production is a little annoying to me.

There are a few good tracks on that project like...

• No Bad Energy
  • Lost Freestyle
  • The Art Of It
  • It Never Ends
  • QueensBridge Politics

"Beautiful Life" is nice too. "Highly Favored" may be the worst song. Don't like the beat at all.

Overall I think it's slightly above average. I would gave it a 3 out of 5.

Here is the full tracklisting with production credits:

1. No Bad Energy” (prod. Swizz Beatz)
  2. “Vernon Family” (prod. Pharrell)
  3. “Jarreau of Rap (Skatt Attack) f. Al Jarreau & Keyon Harrold (prod. Eddie Cole)
  4. “Lost Freestyle” (prod. Statik Selektah)
  5. “Tanasia” (prod. RZA)
  6. “Royalty” f. RaVaughn (prod. Hit-Boy)
  7. “Who Are You” f. David Ranier (prod. Eric Hudson)
  8. “Adult Film” f. Swizz Beatz (prod. Swizz Beatz)
  9. “War Against Love” (prod. DJ Dahi & DJ Khalil)
  10. “The Art of It” f. J. Myers (prod. Pete Rock)”
  11. “Highly Favored” (prod. RZA)
  12. “Queens Wolf” (prod. DJ Toomp)
  13. “It Never Ends” (prod. Alchemist)
  14. “You Mean the World To Me” (prod. Kanye West)
  15. “Queens Bridge Politics” (prod. Pete Rock)
  16. “Beautiful Life” f. RaVaughn (prod. No I.D.)

Sure this ain't illmatic but this is a candidate for album of the year even an album of leftovers is better than most new albums by these wack new rappers out now who is out dropping classics now if you call this slightly above average? This is better than anything big krit Kendrick Lamar or anyone else out now could dream of there's no young rapper that impresses me the golden era reigns supreme...nas is a goat mc I wonder if there was ever any recordings that him and Will did in the mid 90s big Willie style era that never released i would love to hear them btw in fact my dream collaboration would be him, krs one, 'll cool j, latifah, and Will Smith produced by jazzy to me that's the top 5 mcs thatre still alive we gotta make this happen

Edited by bigted

Sure it's a good album. Not every album has to be a classic. A classic album needs to stand the test of time in my opinion. So you can't say an album is a classic when it just dropped. There is not much music right now I think I would look at as a classic in a few years.

I think the best album of 2019 so far is "Bandana" by Freddie Gibbs & Madlib. Very good production, crazy beatswitches.

Another very good "album" (though it's more like an EP) right now is "The Plugs I Met" by Benny The Butcher.

Edited by 10th Prince

Maybe some of the younger rappers put out good music and maybe I set the bar high for hip hop after being raised as a child during the 1980s and 1990s golden age