JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Producer Kwame talks about Switch

krizia

I didn't read the last few posts because I couldn't be bothered, and it seemed like it'd be repetitive anyway.

A) You are not allowed to diss LL in any way shape or form. I don't care if the man dresses up like a chicken and parachutes off the Empire state building holding hands with another man. He is a vet. The artists you listen to listened to LL when they were becoming artists. I admit I don't blaze his latest tracks simply because I ain't feelin' em. But LL's done too much to just be sh*ted on, as already said.

B) You are not allowed to diss LL.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey does it mean that we're not allowed to curse in the "Numero Uno" freestyle battles anymore? :dunno:

I waz just talkin' about this board since i'm the moderator. However, whenever i see freestyles loaded down with cussin'...i just don't pay attention 2 them. Intellegent people know how 2 convey ideas without using words like that. By the 2nd or 3rd cuz word, i just ignore 'em. I have better things 2 do than read crap.

Tim himself wants the boards 2 remain respectful. If u look at other Hip-Hop/Rap boards, they are often used by people who say nasty stuff and cuss up a storm. I don't think anyone here wants the boards 2 go that way.

LL Cool J is the best in this year. Eminem's new single and video "just sucks it". He's not funny if he can't be funny in a video without being controversal or offensive. Plus, you don't diss a rap legend MC Hammer (who majorly helped put rap on the map) and Michael Jackson (the King of Pop). BET already pulled the video off the air. Eminem sucks. He says he admires Tupac, yet too bad he'll never be like Pac, if he had more songs like "Lose Yourself" then I'd have more respect for him.

I love LL tho. He's just awesome. The DEFinition is a hot album thats been growing on me. I can't wait for the "Hush" video.

So u think my freestyles are crap AJ? Come on now u listen to 2Pac and he curses but still sounds intelligent, there's nothin' wrong with cursing in a rap verse as long as you're making a point but when rappers like Eminem overly curse they ain't making a point! :werd:

I'm just saying...i don't like cussing. I'm not saying u have 2 agree with me, but i just turn my ears off usually when i hear someone overdoing it. Cussing dosen't convey any intellectual ideas that u can't do without cussing. 2 me, i see it as a reflection of the respect they have 4 themselves and others. I'll side with FP's grandmother and say intellegent people don't need 2 use words like that. 2Pac is one of my favorite emcees but he has 2 sides and 2 different styles. One of them is much more introspective and deep (Keep Ya Head Up, Baby Don't Cry, Me Against The World, So Many Tears, etc) and his filler-Deathrow trax which aren't a proper repersentation of his music. 2Pac's best music uses considerablly less cussing if any at all. I don't visit the Numero Uno board often so i'm not talking anyones skills or lack of skills in this post. If u are offended by my post, then u might fall in2 the catagory that i refuse 2 give props 2.

Let's get back on topic now...shall we?

Hey I respect ur point AJ even though I don't 100% agree, but I ain't offended, let's move back to the topic now, Is the video still getting edited or just sitting on the shelve until the negotiations for Will signing to Interscope get finalized?

• Members

well u also gotta think about the album release date. Since, it's january, it's better to not put a single out too early. Putting it out now would date the song by three months About 2 months before the album drops is a better timing. Eminem's crappy single just came out recently, and his album drops in December.

his album drops Nov. 16 doesnt it?

And yes, that was a crap single.

:werd: Yes it does drop that day but I sure the hell won't be buying it, I think I'll properly spend my money on the new KRS-ONE, Talib Kweli, The Roots, 213, and Mos Def CDs that're in stores now btw, let's support real talent and stop talking about these wack artists! :ditto: