JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Producer Kwame talks about Switch

krizia

• Members

^^^yeah emotion and delivery make u a good rapper... please. That's a poor arguement. If you only wanna talk about 'emotions' I'll give u a few with as much or more than LL. 2Pac, DMX, Nas, Talib, tech 9ne... That's based on emotion. I think great rappers are judged by content and lyrics. 2Pac, Biggie, Nas, Mos Def, AZ, the Roots all pass LL. If u want creative, you got Cee-Lo, the Roots, Outkast, all pass LL. I agree that Nelly, Eminem, Chingy and a bunch of others are sucky artists, but LL is soft now. Most people (not on this board) agree with me. He's a pretty boy rapper who just shows off his overly-muscular body.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey that's just your opinion, all those artists you mentioned were all inspired from LL, and I don't feel like making a huge argument over this since this thread is about "Switch" here, let's stay on topic, there are many other mcs that deserve to be dissed in this game before we diss LL, he's done too much for the game to just be $h!++ed on! :werd: You think LL's soft 'cause he's not cursing in his songs anymore? If you feel that way then you must think FP and Run-DMC are soft too right? :nhawong: Enough of this bull$h!+ 'cause I only wanna know like everyone else when does "Switch" drop, does anyone know? :ditto:

Edited by JumpinJack AJ

OK. LL's "Headsprung". I wasn't feelin it when I 1st heard it. Plus I couldn't believe that was him. It'z a cool record tho.

And Talib's new one, I love that album so much. It'z great.

And some people might argue that VH1 Hip Hop 30s Back had it'z fault. But now, I respect hip hop in it'z ENTIRE. from start 2 where it is now. Mainly cuz of what some people said. Really opened my eyez 2 alot I knew and didn't know.

• Members

Hey that's just your opinion, all those artists you mentioned were all inspired from LL, and I don't feel like making a huge argument over this since this thread is about "Switch" here, let's stay on topic, there are many other mcs that deserve to be dissed in this game before we diss LL, he's done too much for the game to just be ****ted on! :werd: You think LL's soft 'cause he's not cursing in his songs anymore? If you feel that way then you must think FP and Run-DMC are soft too right? :nhawong:  Enough of this bull**** 'cause I only wanna know like everyone else when does "Switch" drop, does anyone know? :ditto:

sorry but i had to reply to your post one last time. I brought u this news so be thankful :sonny: . 1st of all, u said all the rappers I mentioned were inspired by LL? Really? Did u ask them that personally? 2nd, i go to other forums where they discuss rap, and I diss Eminem and 50cent, Nelly and Chingy waay more than I diss LL. But the majority of people I know agree 'Headsprung' is ****. 3rd, I don't think LL is soft because he doesn't curse. Mainly because i respect rappers more when they don't. I think not cussing makes things more challenging. You're just drawing conclusions that i never said. i never said LL is soft because he doesn't swear. i'm dissappointed in him b/c i know he's capable of much better but he ain't it no more. if u wanna listen to songs with the lyrics "they call me Big L-eh, Big Sill-eh, Big mon-eh, Big Bill-eh..." be my guest. But compared to songs like 'who do u love?' which also has no cussing, but is his earlier work, 'Headsprung' doesn't cut it. And i have nothing but respect for Run-DMC and i am a Will Smith fan. I'm looking forward to his single. Why would i have brought u all this news if I didn't care about his music?? Think please. You're so opinionated that u think what I'm saying is bull****. Listen to what others gotta say and be more open-minded. End of discussion. Let's talk about Switch

BTW: u would be surprised that at most of the boards I've been to Will gets more respect nowadays than LL. They say at least Will stayed true to himself, while LL continues to dissappoint.

Edited by krizia

An Arguement i can have a point in

I Agree wit bigted, LL can bring it to any other rapper he wants to, personally the song "headsprung" is quite catchy

"Gonna Get My HeeeeadSprrunnng" hehehe,

but neway, lyrically KRS-One is the best lyricisit alive otherwise it would either b pac, and some songs like "headsprung" does need to be good lyrically, hes rapping over a beat that doesnt need payin attnetion to, i did pay attention to it first time i heard it, but if u want to know LL Cool J's creative n lyrical part, watch the video and listen to the bit at the end

"No Need For Ghost Writers

Every Year I Get Tighter"

and ive only heard that eminem song once, but it seems ok, i dont mind eminem, im quite a fan of his just because he made it by being silly, "killing" himself in every song

LL is a vetran. He can't exactly do things the same way. He's changed his style lke ever great inovator and there's heart behind all of that. How u gonna diss him for making a respecable move like that. Look what happened when he did G.O.A.T....a street album, he got ignored.

And watch the language. Nuttin' personal bigted, just edited those 4 letter words.

Keep it clean like a washin' machine!!

My bad I slipped up, but a lot of cats here been cursing way more than I have, I'll control my language, I don't like being censored though, I was sticking up for LL! :werd: If anyone wants to discuss more about LL let's do it over at the Caught In The Middle Forum at the "LL Cool J Interview" topic which I think everyone here should read if they didn't when I posted it 2 weeks ago. :ditto: BTW, LL said in an XXL interview that he can't redo "Mama Said Knock You Out" over and over, he has to do something new all the time!

Like i said, nothing personal...thanx 4 not being offended. I just think it's important 2 keep things respectable. Not everybody wants 2 read stuff like that so anything on this board that is explict will get edited. So knowing that, don't nobody bug out if u chose 2 cuss...cuz it will get edited.

I'm one of LL's biggest fans, so i'm totally on yourside on that. He's a legend...he can do a party track, a mainstream track, a street track, and so on. He's done it all and he still keeps things fresh. LL said in a recent interview that he wanted 2 make and album that waz just "hot." That's why most of it is polished trax that could crossover. That dosen't make him less credible, it's not like he's some greedy, money-hungry sell-out artist. He's being himself and standing up 4 what he thinks Hip-Hop should be about. After all, he's not exactly doing the popular thing by releasing albums without explict lyrics stickers.

Hey does it mean that we're not allowed to curse in the "Numero Uno" freestyle battles anymore? :dunno: I actually like that idea 'cause that's what they do on 106&Park when they have freestyle battles and actually on Friday the champion cursed right in the middle of the battle and got disqualified and that was actually fair 'cause he didn't display much skill anyway! :ditto: I rap a lot without cursing, I used to rock the mic when I was in high school with my freestyles and I didn't curse, but once in a while when I write a song I might occasionally drop a curse, but I only curse about as much as KRS-ONE and more than half his albums don't have PA stickers on them, it's not like I curse a lot like Eminem does! :werd: Anyway since this is the "Switch" topic, is this song gonna get released this month?

There's no official release date yet for "Switch"? I thought it was supposed to drop 2 months ago, what's up with such a long delay if the video was shot already?

I guess the single waz pushed back along with the album release in January. I did think it waz a bit odd 2 have the single in August, then the album like 5 months later. :kekeke:

It's probably 4 the best 2 release it closer 2 the release date of the album. Shouldn't be long now anyway.