JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Producer Kwame talks about Switch

krizia

• Members

With 15 years in the music game under his belt, Kwamé is taking advantage of every opportunity that comes his way. In addition to "On Fire," he recently produced singles for Will Smith ("Switch") and Missy Elliott protégé Tweet ("Turn Off the Light").

"Missy collaborated with me on the song's finishing touches and she is a genius," Kwamé said of the Tweet single. "I have always wanted to work with her."

As for "Switch," the producer is quick to note that it is not what you might expect from the family-friendly superstar. "It's not the traditional Will Smith record, but he's not trying to be a gangsta either," said Kwamé. "It's pop-oriented, but with a grimy element."

Kwamé produced several tracks for Smith's forthcoming set as well as T.I., Toni Braxton, Babs of Da Band fame, and the YoungbloodZ.

---------------------------

the article is mostly about kwame and llod Banks, so I took out the part about Will 4 u guys. If u wanna read the whole article, here's the link:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1492009/2...?headlines=true

Edited by krizia

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool. That makes me wanna hear the song even more...just when i waz being patient. Thanx 4 sharing that!! Sounds like something creative is on the way!! If FP did more than 1 track with him...i trust Kwame has some real skillz on the boards.

• Admin

yeah i mean the lyrics are on the pop/will smith tip.. but the track has a real grimy/club feel.. the drum beat is bangin! and theres all these noises in the background like that lloyd banks track.. this is definitely a different single from all those sony ones like mib/w3/bsc/will2k/freakinit/ etc

FP has always been hip-hop though, even though he appeals to a large audience 'cause the esscence of hip-hop is about having fun! :werd: Enough with the talk though, when is the single dropping? If it brings the energy like LL's "Headsprung" I'll be happy, at 1st when I heard that song by LL, I wasn't feelin' it, but after I heard it a few times I realised how creative it was.

• Members

^^^'Headsprung' is one of the WORST songs of this year. Along with Eminem's newest 'Just lose it'. Headsprung isn't creative. It's a bunch of nonsense put together into a song. LL lost whatever creativity he had a looong time ago. He doesn't have the lyrical fire that he had when he battled Canibus. And don't bring longevity into this. That has nothing to do with skills. If u want creative make sure you go but Mos Def's "A Beautiful Struggle" or Talib Kweli's newest.

Edited by krizia

There are alot of LL fans here so you might get some arguments

personally I love LL I think he's one of the best around at the moment

Who in hip-hop is original anymore anyway? :dunno: I like Talib Kweli and Mos Def but I still think LL's a great artist, he's not on KRS-ONE's level as far as lyricism is concerned but he has his own unique style that many rappers have tried immitating over the years and that's what makes him great, he always raps with a lot of emotion though, what rapper you think currently raps with more fire than LL? Better show some respect 'cause he's a legend and could still take it to any rapper that wants to battle him!

i could name 10 rappers who are lyrically better.

You might be able to but I bet those 10 rappers have less much style and emotion than LL, and can't rock the house as much as he could, that's what an mc's supposed to do, but if somebody tries to battle LL, I bet he'll step it up lyrically, it's hard to be motivated when there ain't that much creativity in the game anymore, he's survived almost 20 years in this game and the way things are going in hip-hop, LL will be one of the last mcs standing 'cause you'll see that a lot of these rappers like Eminem and Nelly are gonna fall off soon and won't do it anymore 'cause they don't love the art as much as LL does! :werd: