JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

'GETTIN' JIGGY WIT IT' SO SO DEF REMIX w/ JERMAINE DUPRI, CAM'RON, R.O.C., + BIG PUN

Most of us know about this elusive remix.  It popped up on a few mixtapes (on actual cassettes) back in 1997/1998. It often had the mixtape host screaming over it. It was never released, not even on a proper promotional CD, cassette, or 12".  However, nearly 10 years ago, it was briefly available on Amazon digitally. I'm not sure about other digital platforms. The remix then disappeared.  Since FP didn't have music coming out, I haven't been looking for it. However, I just noticed that it's back. For those of you who didn't get to buy/download it, and for those that are new to this remix, here it is. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073J35F29/ref=dm_ws_sp_ps_dp

Interestingly, the So So Def remix that was released on singles overseas was much smoother and featured LaTocha from Xscape on the hook. Here's a version of it that a DJ tweaked.

The strange thing about the credits for this remix is that is says there's a rap performed by R.O.C. and that Lord Tariq + Peter Gunz provided additional vocals. Perhaps there's another version of it featuring R.O.C. (one of the dopest late 90's/early 00's emcees who never had his label released) and LT+PG on the hook.

One of the dope things about will and jjfp is that a lot of the material you can stream digitally now unlike other artists that hold back their catalogs he's now gaining popularity online for his music as one of the popular current artists again showing that age ai nt nothing but a number in hip hop

Edited by bigted

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...