Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Bel-Air - A fan made film (2019)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Alfonso Riberio Says ‘Bel-Air’ is ‘Not Even Based’ on the Original ‘Fresh Prince’: ‘It’s Based on the Theme Song’

“It’s not even based on the show. It’s based on the theme song. It’s a completely different thing. It’s drama. It’s not comedy. I have nothing to do with it so I don’t really know anything more,” he continued. “But I actually appreciate it even more than a reboot. Let’s take a concept and turn it into a different show.”

Ribeiro played Will Smith’s polar-opposite cousin Carlton in the series that ran from 1990 to 1996. In September 2020, Smith and the cast announced that NBC’s Peacock streaming service gave them a deal with a two-season order of a reimagined version of The Fresh Prince.

The new series is based on Morgan Cooper’s Fresh Prince mock trailer. The clip went viral prompting Smith and his team to create a concept set in modern-day Bel-Air. 

“Set in modern-day America, BEL-AIR is a serialized one-hour dramatic analogue of the 90’s sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air that leans into the original premise: Will’s complicated journey from the streets of West Philadelphia to the gated mansions of Bel-Air,” a release from Peacock said at the time. “With a reimagined vision, BEL-AIR will dive deeper into the inherent conflicts, emotions, and biases that were impossible to fully explore in a 30-minute sitcom format, while still delivering swagger and nods to the original show.”

source:

https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/alfonso-ribeiro-new-fresh-prince-of-bel-air-reimagining

Edited by fan 4ever