JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will's Book

Ale

5 hours ago, DevilsJim89 said:

I really hope he finally talks about record labels and inside the music, making of the album, stories from going on tour, stories from the studio...etc. 

That would be great but I doubt that it will be that kind of book. I’m guessing it will be some inspirational type of book.

If you go to willsmith.com you can sign up to get an alert when the book is released.

• 2 years later...

Working with Hollywood actor Will Smith on his self-help/memoir book

In 2018, Hollywood actor Will Smith took to social media to announce he began working on his first book, a self-help/memoir. To help him write his book, Will reached out to Mark Manson, the bestselling author of two self-help books for people who hate self-help books. The duo’s book is expected to be released in 2021.

source: https://brand-minds.medium.com/mark-manson-bestselling-author-and-entrepreneur-is-coming-to-brand-minds-2020-fcdae5693bc8

On 2/22/2021 at 6:43 AM, Hero1 said:

After the entanglement I'm not going to Will for guidance on life...

I feel you on that one. I have a hard time listening to some songs where he mentions Jada or his relationship. Still, I hope the book will be about his life, music and movies and not just some inspirational bull****. 

13 hours ago, fan 4ever said:

I feel you on that one. I have a hard time listening to some songs where he mentions Jada or his relationship. Still, I hope the book will be about his life, music and movies and not just some inspirational bull****. 

Exactly. Will does all of this side crap that I just don't care about. I'm a big fan of his music but that's done with. 

4 hours ago, DevilsJim89 said:

Exactly. Will does all of this side crap that I just don't care about. I'm a big fan of his music but that's done with. 

Yeah, I have been listening to his music a lot lately. He's still my favorite rapper ever but I can't cope with all the social media stuff he does. 

• 4 weeks later...

You guys sound hella judgmental.  lol Certainly I have my own opinions on things, but we really don't know exactly how it all went down.  If anything, it's stuff like that that makes me even more interested in what he has to say. 

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind if Will does an inspirational book, I'd prefer if he stuck with talking about his entertainment career but he has one of the wisest minds, sure some of his social media stuff is a bit outlandlish sometimes but who's perfect? His whole career is in the spotlight, none of us are perfect, I'm sure if we all here had that much fame people would criticize us too.... I know if I look back at some posts I made on here 10 years ago at this date I might find it hypocritical too...Btw for all those talking ish about his marriage with Jada how many hip hop artists in the entertainment been married for almost 25 years in the industry?  Most entertainers been married like 3 times in that span at the minimum...People rave about how big of a power couple that Jay-Z and Beyonce are but they weren't even married half of that time and they've had their drama too....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://willthebook.com

d6taj59lymjbt6iub0pz
Coming November 9 2021

One of the most dynamic and globally recognized entertainment forces of our time opens up fully about his life, in a brave and inspiring book that traces his learning curve to a place where outer success, inner happiness, and human connection are aligned. Along the way, Will tells the story in full of one of the most amazing rides through the worlds of music and film that anyone has ever had.

Will Smith’s transformation from a fearful child in a tense West Philadelphia home to one of the biggest rap stars of his era and then one of the biggest movie stars in Hollywood history, with a string of box office successes that will likely never be broken, is an epic tale of inner transformation and outer triumph, and Will tells it astonishingly well. But it's only half the story. 

Will Smith thought, with good reason, that he had won at life: not only was his own success unparalleled, his whole family was at the pinnacle of the entertainment world. Only they didn't see it that way: they felt more like star performers in his circus, a seven-days-a-week job they hadn't signed up for. It turned out Will Smith's education wasn't nearly over. 

This memoir is the product of a profound journey of self-knowledge, a reckoning with all that your will can get you and all that it can leave behind. Written with the help of Mark Manson, author of the multi-million-copy bestseller The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck, Will is the story of how one person mastered his own emotions, written in a way that can help everyone else do the same. Few of us will know the pressure of performing on the world's biggest stages for the highest of stakes, but we can all understand that the fuel that works for one stage of our journey might have to be changed if we want to make it all the way home. The combination of genuine wisdom of universal value and a life story that is preposterously entertaining, even astonishing, puts Will the book, like its author, in a category by itself.

“It’s easy to maneuver the material world once you have conquered your own mind. I believe that. Once you've learned the terrain of your own mind, every experience, every emotion, every circumstance, whether positive or negative, simply propels you forward, to greater growth and greater experience. That is true will. To move forward in spite of anything. And to move forward in a way that brings others with you, rather than leave them behind.” —Will Smith

Edited by fan 4ever

I pre-ordered the hardcover book and the audio book on CD from Amazon.  I'm looking forward to this. I always get a craving for Willennium and Big Willie Style in November, so this will hit at just the right time. 

• Ale changed the title to Will's Book
  • Hero1 featured this topic