JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith Gives His Thoughts on Drake, Kanye West, and Meek Mill in Rare Interview

Ale

Well basically I don't have a problem with him cursing because he's grown but it's just the principle that he built a rap career off of being a family friendly rapper, I believe a core fan base will get turned off, now if this sounds like the average pop rap album I'm gonna be turned off too...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In other words I could live with cursing if it's like a krs album but if it sounds like a drake album I ain't bumping it n I'm sure his core fans feel the same will should be true to real hip hop do an album with Jeff n f what these pop rappers are doing they're just as lame as trump

Edited by bigted

Cursing is not a problem, it wont scare off his fanbase because his fanbase is about 30-40 years old and capable of dealing with a bit of cursing. As long as he doesnt go down the "I smoke crack everyday with my hoes and bitches while having gold in my mouth"-path its all good. I think his career will survive (well, not die more) a "**** Donald Trump" everyone now and then.

Well there's a lot of conservative republicans who don't like rap but listen to rappers like will smith and mc hammer because they're family friendly and have values they share

I don't usually talk politics but I personally lean Republican I voted Hillary Clinton over trump because he makes a mockery of America he's no politician he's the biggest clown

Artists take a risk BTW when they talk politics because we all feel different public enemy are legends but they'd never be invited to white house no matter who's Pres because of their radical views Dixie chicks lost some fans when they dissed bush n ll cool j lost some conservative fans when he criticised Sarah Palin etc....

I usually don't push my religious views on people but I believe no politician athlete or entertainer can save the world only Jesus can unfortunately not many feel like me that's why the world is messed up

I remember seeing that

90s were a better time there was hip hop legends that transcended music I didn't like puffy much then but he's like rakim compared to drake

Thanks to this I watched this in bits over the past couple days now there's great parts but I personally don't agree with his stance on cussing in his music now still he tries to make it look like trump is the devil like so many celebrities now do I liked Obama too but life wasn't perfect then either if it was then why didn't will release more music? Now will believes the public's perception of him being a blockbuster actor that occasionally raps he doesn't have high confidence in his mc ability as a fan who has believed in his music I find that disappointing that he's only chasing after what's popular these days saying that today's rappers have more talent than him