JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New KRS One Album "The World Is Mind" Best Hip Hop Album In Years!

bigted

Kendrick who?  Cole World who? Young Money who? The real king of hip hop is back KRS One at strong form again "The World Is Mind" brilliant piece of work, "Hip Hop Speaks From Heaven" damn near brought me to tears it was so heartfelt, at almost 52 being on top of his game brings hope to JJFP to drop another classic album as well, forget these new rappers the REAL HIP HOP IS OVER HERE FRESH 4 2017 SUCKAS!!!:

• 5 weeks later...

so nobody here has listened to the album yet? that's the problem with the rap game now, people complain about how weak today's rappers are but they ignore when the legends are dropping classics...

I have lost a lot of respect for KRS recently for obvious reasons. I think the guy needs to step down from his stall abit, take in a little reality and then build himself again. Sorry Ted i know you don't want to hear that, but it's true.

well krs' personality obviously questionable and controversial but so are a lot of other artists people praise in hip hop like 2pac, nwa, eminem, biggie, and the artists that influenced hip hop like james brown, michael jackson, prince, and ray charles weren't necessarily angels either, and even all of us who aren't professional artists have questionable character flaws we're all human, i know everyone is also quick to crucify bill cosby for obvious reason too but you can't deny how he influenced the world with "the cosby show", now obviously i don't condone everything krs one says and does but i don't deny his greatness musically, only a handful of legends have reached his body of work as an artist...

• 2 weeks later...

Yea I got it.  He's still bringin it hardcore and I love that.  That raw ENERGY!  Some of the "best rappers" today sound like they're half asleep.  I can't understand the popularity.  I was raised on 80's rap when most of them had loud strong voices.  These artists today have whiny wimpy voices, I hate it.

I also got "King Of The Ol' School".  It sounds like a compilation album though, the mastering is all over the place. 

Edited by dparrott

word, i found out last night that public enemy is putting out a new album too for free, gonna check it, to me real mcs like krs and chuck will always be on top of hip hop with their powered voices