• 3 years
    • 4 years
    • 5 years
    • 6+years
    • not sure
    • since he's the DJ I'm the rapper
    • since rock the house

• Admin

I got the cassettes of "...DJ...Rapper" (THE REAL VERSION!) and Rock The House (also original version) in 1988 and followed them until Will went solo. "...DJ...Rapper" is still my favorite album by them.

nice to see an old school fan representing! :hail:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, don't ask. I gotta stop coming on this place at night after night out.

Then again i have an excuse for late night posts, Sober people should be sleeping by now Jonny, lol

lol, don't ask. I gotta stop coming on this place at night after night out.

Then again i have an excuse for late night posts, Sober people should be sleeping by now Jonny, lol

who said I was sober?!?!?!?!?! :lol: I am by the way, but lovin the assumption

I'm just kickin it doin a late-nite work out and learnin some accounting...

hehe, i've come back from a friends 21st birthday night. Us UK folk on here are either alcoholics or just partay too much.

The accounting thing sounds dead fun.

for me its kinda hard to say how long I've been a fan. used to watch FPOBA every night when I was a kid, but back then, when I was so young, I didnt really understand that Will was a real person, just a character in a funny tv-series. then I saw ID4 when it hit the theaters and both me and my friends I saw it with sad "hey, thats the guy in fresh prince isnt it?!". then came MIB and BWS (my first FP album, the reason why I love it more than anything) and I was hooked. I sat in front of the TV to see FP every show, but I guess I didnt become what u call a fan until 96 or 97 when I was ten/eleven and realized who the fresh prince really was.

Now when you hear or see a new talent u know who that person is at once, or find out their name soon. but back then (when you're so young) a celebrity wasn't just a regular person who got famous. It was like.. I dont know how to explain it, but finding out who Will was and what he had done before was a great feeling when everything around me was new and unexplored. I think you understand why i like Will so much, since he pretty much was the reason that I understood that there was a world outside of my home and daycare.

if that makes any sence...

• 1 month later...
  • Admin

Been a fan since Rock the House!! Jazzy Jeff's cuts were so musical back then... the most advanced of most DJs at the time (others' cuts seemed just too simple)... and years later, he's still one of the premiere Djs around!!

Good to have another old school fan on board! :thumbsup:

Been a fan since Rock the House!! Jazzy Jeff's cuts were so musical back then... the most advanced of most DJs at the time (others' cuts seemed just too simple)... and years later, he's still one of the premiere Djs around!!

Good to have another old school fan on board! :thumbsup:

:word:

Almost 20 years for some of us. They should release 20 year anniv. versions of the albums with the original GANBT and a DVD. Same with "DJ...Rapper" and make it a 78 minute CD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...