JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Was the Fiesta Remix a flop?

11 hours ago, Vipa said:

only because he failed to capitalize on it. no one really knew who the original artist was and not many people heard the original song. Will Smith coming back got that song a lot of shine. in the weeks following he did a lot of talk shows and interviews about new music. everyone was excited for it. there were articles written about and several major websites.....and then he...did nothing. he let the remix die down and stopped talking about music. people lost interest. 

I agree... He should have done something with the hype! Even if he had just released a freestyle or something, it would have been something. 

16 hours ago, fan 4ever said:

I agree... He should have done something with the hype! Even if he had just released a freestyle or something, it would have been something. 

Totally agree 100 percent. I just don't think Will gets it at all. There was an interview posted a few months back how Jeff said Will is a little behind the times. He had the Clique freestyle and Jeff told him to drop it on Soundcloud and he just sat on it and did nothing and the "comeback" became out of sight and out of mind. 

It's not complicated. Anyone can drop something on Soundcloud and so many artists do it! Come on already Will. 

i've been saying it over and over, will needs to pull a beyonce and drop a surprise album online for the real fans, i know that he had to do enough material in the 10+ years since lost and found by now