JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Mike aka WILLISILL aka Concept aka...

Duncecap

• Members

Duncecap aka my real name is still Mike.

Hey EVERYBODY!

It's crazy to come back. I recently (right now) came here on a whim and clicked a recent post - it was crazy to see how many names in the thread I knew or recognized right off the bat. It really made me reflect on how important this forum was in my life as a teenager (i was posting ages 15-19. I'm 26 now). There was a lot more conversation and friendships other than ones based purely on being a fan of Will Smith and I only remember that now coming back. You all are my friends and I missed you!

That being said, I'd like to catch up! I have new music (I never stopped) and I also went to college and graduated in 2012 for film and a minor in music  (that's crazy all that happened since I was here last). I'm currently living in NYC with my girlfriend of 4 years (my longest relationship) doing video work and working on music. I can't say that I don't get help from my parents though. 

So much has changed in music, pop culture, politics and everything in between, and stuff that I normally wouldn't have paid attention to at the age I was when posting. Technology, trends and socio-political movement and consciousness'...

Phew!

Hi haha. 

Edited by Duncecap

• Members

@KevTastic

yeah they really have. It's crazy. Last time I was here I was such a different person. It was almost a decade. I was just so entirely a different person in terms of maturity and such. It's very strange to just think about it. I have been in serious relationships (at the time I was here I was still pining after my first girlfriend making really cheesy songs about finding a good girl, etc), gotten drunk, had sex, smoked... there's just a lot of trivial and honestly adolescent things I just never had gone through. I went on a roller coaster. Like i'm the same guy but just .... wiser? That doesn't feel right haha

@Hero1

That's wild to see you guys here. Are things pretty active or not so much? I see you from time to time on Playstation online, or is that not you? haha If anyone wants to catch me there too I'm Jersey_Chowder.

I wanna see who is rhyming on here still! 

welcome back! nice to see an old JJFP.com fam member come back on here, i've been staying on here almost everyday holding my breath for some more JJFP while at the same time I'm still doing my thing with my music(in case all you don't know i did an album on youtube last year search: "gm3485 starting over album") and I'm taking an online college course which I'll be graduating later in the spring, looking to do some work online with that, other than that there's been ups and downs in life with my father being in the nursing home for over 4 years now with his dementia and i'm helping my mom recover from breaking her leg a couple months ago, following the march madness and the nba season hoping my bulls make a run towards playoffs along with the old school hip hop( still can't stand that commercial crap, especially that young money, drake, lil' wayne garbage) has kept me going overall, also building up my spirituality, i recently bought this book by joel osteen called "become a better you" and i received a book in the mail as a gift from in touch ministries called "the spirit filled life" by dr. charles stanley, there's a lot on my plate but i'm staying strong...btw, yesterday was the 29th anniversary of JJFP's "Rock The House" and 11th anniversary of Will's "lost and found", i really hope and pray they find a way to get something new done before it's too late, hearing about true artists like heavy d, michael jackson, and phife dawg passing away so young really wakes me up about life and makes me appreciate each day as well and seeing what my parents been going through hits home to me because you never know...

• Members

@bigted

hey man! it will all be fine, even if the worst happens. As long as you personally, are strong - that's all the matters. If you are looking for help you will find it, if you are looking for fear you will find it. That's something I have learned in life. There's a lot of stress in everything and you seem to have the short end of the stick at a glance - but if you look, there's more to life than holding a stick. 

That might not help at all. But it felt right to say. Regardless, talking about tragedy... how did you fare during Sandy?? I know you are from seaside. The shore house my family had since before I was born got totaled. 

hey mike thanks for the words of encouragement, i make sure play songs like "the rain" and "shadow dreams" to encourage myself in the dark times as well, btw i haven't updated my profile in years, don't live in seaside no more, i had to move to from the house me and my parents rented in seaside after sandy, that was another hurdle i had to get over in the last 10+ years since lost and found, i made a song in dedication to sandy victims called "overcoming the storm":