JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

'Bright'

Ale

I think the movie just introduced a full universe way too fast. Movies like The lord of the rings or Harry potter take time getting us into their comprehensive universe and characters, but there was so much going on that they were not able to formally explain these things during the movie so they slowly tried to fit everything in. This would have worked so much better with a prequel 8 episode Netflix show and then do this movie after. Weird movie but Still very entertaining, the chemistry was there and Will on Comedy/Action combo was on point.

On 22.12.2017 at 11:40 AM, Hero1 said:

Okay so I’ve seen Bright. I think Will is in good in it and so is Joel Edgerton - I actually felt sorry for Jacoby... but the other characters/actors in the movie would barely be passable in a d grade horror movie... and the villain like in suicide squad is appalling... and the story is completely nonsensical! (She’s after the wand!) is basically the whole plot...

you guys might not put any weight on critics but suicide squad and bright are nowhere near Enemy of the State, 6 Degrees, Bad Boys 2, Men in Black, Hitch and I Am Legend. I seriously don’t think Wills been in a good movie in 10 years. I only watch his movies now because he’s in them but otherwise I wouldn’t bother. I think his movie career is effectively dead at this point.

I watched the movie last night and thought it was worth seeing. If the movie was shown in cinemas though I would not have seen it. Compared to some of the movies you mentioned Bright is somewhere at the lower end. I liked the movie though.

On 24.12.2017 at 9:49 AM, Big Willie said:

The rushed feeling was the only reason I didn’t rate it 10/10. I think it would have been better suited as a series so the storyline could be developed and explained in more detail. 

The introduction/explanation to this world took place in like two minutes and was indeed very rushed. From there you pretty fast got a feeling that the movie was about racism and then all about a wand. The contents were quite confusing at times but in the end I did not regret watching it.

Edited by TheFre$hPrince
merged two replies

• 1 month later...
  • Hero1 unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...