JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

'Bright'

Ale

The people have spoken. I think the critics are just trying to boycott Will and his movies. There is nothing 33% about this fun, action packed movie. They slammed Concussion as well when it was such a brilliant performance and collateral beauty was not a masterpiece but for what it intended to do and it's amazing cast, it was not bad at all.

I try to see movies for what they are. I was watching "jingle all the way" with my wife last night and we laughed and had fun, we did not expect a full action thriller or amazing dramatic performances, we were watching a Christmas family comedy with a message and we enjoyed it as it.

I saw Bright today and I liked it. Some good action scenes, funny jokes. I like seeing Will in action movies like this. Sure it was not a deep story and it was predictable at times but it's very enjoyable. 

I like the fact that the public loves it. Don't really care about reviews and critics. 

Just watched it, it was awesome! So different from anything else, you have to give it that. Will was great in it.

The critics and the media have had in it for Will for a while. At first I wasn’t sure about it going straight to Netflix, but they’ve had some of the best shows on tv this year. Looks like they are trying to take over the movie world too. Gotta give Will and them credit for making a movie like this. 

I think it’s a love it or hate it kind of movie but definitely more people love it. 

Will did have some set backs with his career, but I can see him taking risks and building on it again. Ignore the critics, go in with an open mind and enjoy it. 

Just watched it and definitely no where near as bad as the “critics” make out.

I enjoyed the movie and really enjoyed seeing Will back in the action genre.. 

This is definitely a big move for Netflix and awesome that Will was able to be a part of it.. 

Go watch it people... make up your own minds 

Just watched it too. I have to be honest and, although there's some great action scenes in the movie and a great chemistry between Will and Joel, I didn't enjoy the story. Everything happens too fast in my opinion, and, apart from Jakoby, I didn't really like any of the characters. Not even  Will's. It's definitely not my type of genre either.

One thing is for sure though: seeing Will back in action made me realize how much I want 'Bad Boys 3'. But I'm also excited to see what he's able to do as the Genie in 'Aladdin' :)

3/10

• Admin
2 hours ago, Ale said:

One thing is for sure though: seeing Will back in action made me realize how much I want 'Bad Boys 3'. But I'm also excited to see what he's able to do as the Genie in 'Aladdin' :)

3/10

It annoys me that Will has already signed on to do a bright sequel and is no longer doing bad boys 3

7 hours ago, Ale said:

Just watched it too. I have to be honest and, although there's some great action scenes in the movie and a great chemistry between Will and Joel, I didn't enjoy the story. Everything happens too fast in my opinion, and, apart from Jakoby, I didn't really like any of the characters. Not even  Will's. It's definitely not my type of genre either.

3/10

The rushed feeling was the only reason I didn’t rate it 10/10. I think it would have been better suited as a series so the storyline could be developed and explained in more detail. 

I thoroughly enjoyed it, I thought it was much better than Suicide Squad.  I'm not sure what the critics were going on about.  The plot was very simple and obvious, but it was still a fun and funny action movie.  I thought Will's acting was excellent, far better than some of his recent work.

I also talked to several family members who saw it, folks who aren't die-hard Will fans.  They all loved it.

• Hero1 unpinned this topic