JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

fans like us should post will's albums on youtube

bigted

i like looking up and listening to different albums on youtube these days and i notice that there's a ton of classic hip hop albums in their entirety on there but none of will's or JJFP's classics, now i'd personally put some of them from my windows media but my laptop doesn't have enough capacity to do all that since i used up memory uploading my own songs on youtube over the past couple years...anyway what's everyone's thoughts of no will albums on youtube? i think if they got posted it'd create more buzz for him to put out new music as well because it shows that the fans are listening...

i did notice that somebody posted big willie style on youtube:

Yeh, Youtube are quite on the ball with copyright stuff now. Everytime i upload a new vid with any music on i get warnings or restrictions about third party content.

There's the spotifys of this world for people to go virtual crate digging.

well they do have an official page on youtube with will's albums as playlists where you could listen to individual tracks or play album altogether, you get a lot from that but i like listening to classic albums in entirety but i guess beggars can't be choosers with their new copyright laws:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdHscQsCBWSfcW50NjdJWkA/playlists

JJFP official page:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHDaJDoIW-C32OZ1UsR0BGw/playlists?sort=dd&view=1

Jeff's page:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyiBcHdb_ZOUQyaPVDiaPTQ/playlists

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

i noticed that somebody posted "code red" recently this summer

now i noticed on the big willie style album post somebody said that it was his best solo album hands down and willennium was his worst, that person probably thinks that eminem's the greatest rapper haha, somebody should post willennium and lost and found to get some more buzz going...

Edited by bigted

• 6 months later...

after all this time willennium's finally on youtube!!

• 4 weeks later...

since when is posting music on youtube illegal? listening to albums on youtube leads to people buying physical copies if they like em enough, it's a virtual library

On 30/03/2017 at 1:20 PM, bigted said:

since when is posting music on youtube illegal? listening to albums on youtube leads to people buying physical copies if they like em enough, it's a virtual library

Since always. If you don't own the rights to it, you can't post it and even if you do, it'll just get removed. 

well there have been eminem and nas albums for example that've been on there for years and not taken down then why do people take down will's albums? if it's so illegal then majority of what's on youtube should be taken down....

19 hours ago, bigted said:

well there have been eminem and nas albums for example that've been on there for years and not taken down then why do people take down will's albums? if it's so illegal then majority of what's on youtube should be taken down....

It's not a vendetta against Will, it's just their terms. Some slip through the system, millions of videos uploaded each day, a few are gonna go undetected or you'll find restrictions rather than deletion (banned in certain countries etc). 

Besides, the majority of consumers who are responsible for the largest music sales weren't even born or old enough to comprehend music the last time Will released an album, as blunt as it is, outside of the confines of this forum and a splattering of a few other groups globally, no one would care if he made a new album.