JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJFP Not Ranked On Billboard's 100 greatest artists!!??

bigted

Of course the biggest bull is no JJFP but ...Chris Brown and Nelly ranked ahead of James Brown?...No LL, Public Enemy, A Tribe Called Quest, or MC Hammer?

http://www.billboard.com/charts/greatest-hot-100-artists

I dont know what criterias they use for their list but it's usually something in between "famousity" (thats a word right?) and cultural influence. Based on those criterias I think few hip hop acts deserve a spot in the top 100. Maybe Public Enemy because they brought the radicalism into hip hop, which has been kind of a cultural changer for good and bad... Tupac and maybe Outkast should have made the list (maybe they did, didnt see it through), Nelly and Chris Brown (I dont even know who this is) shouldnt.

As for JJFP of course they would be in my top 10 but generally speaking I think its okey to leave them outside a list like this.

i agree with you really when it comes to these types of lists, most artists in commercial rap don't make music worthy of being mentioned with the timeless artists of other genres like MJ, Janet, Bruce, JB, Ray Charles, Elvis, and Madonna but the handful of legends I mentioned like JJFP, LL, PE, A Tribe Called Quest, MC Hammer, Run Dmc are timeless hip hop musicians that deserve to be in the top 100, and btw after all if it wasn't for JJFP winning the first rap grammy hip hop music wouldn't be as big as it is today: "First ever rap grammy/let's talk about the only reason yo ass went to Miami"

This is probably on most hit songs / weeks on the charts. Therefore it makes sense. The Beatles and Elvis alone probably have 50 number one tracks between them.

respectfully speaking the only artist i would rank above MJ would be JB, i take this list with a grain of salt

wow i thought that billboard top 100 artist list was garbage but this top 10 all time rapper list is weak too! fresh prince could rhyme circles around most that was mentioned:

http://www.billboard.com/photos/6723017/best-rappers-of-all-time/11

to me a list without LL, KRS, Chuck D, Big Daddy Kane, Heavy D, Queen Latifah, 2Pac, Q-Tip, Treach, Wyclef, and MC Lyte etc. ain't a list...rappers like Lil Wayne, Kendrick Lamar, Jay-Z, Eminem, and Biggie ain't nowhere near my top 10...

LOL AJ

on her show wendy williams didn't mention will on her list of favorite rappers, i guess he's gonna have to buy her show and send her home HAHA

https://youtu.be/e9azkkSowrM