JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Sharktale $300 Million Worldwide... and counting

Hero1

• Admin
thats the estimate for the weekend..personally i think it might get past 50 million with a strong showing on sunday... notch up another big hit for big willie!! thats 4 massive hits in a row, and will be his 8th movie to go past 100 million at the box office :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

it gets better, it got the highest october box office draw.

There's nothing quite like throwing a shark into the water to stir things up.

"Shark Tale," the animated flick featuring colorful fish voiced by stars like Will Smith, Robert De Niro, Angelina Jolie and Renée Zellweger, opened with the

highest October box-office pull in history. The DreamWorks flick bowed at #1 with $49.1 million, according to early estimates.

A mob flick for the cartoon set, "Shark Tale" centers on a young fish named Oscar who becomes the prime suspect in the murder of the shark mob boss' son. The film beat the former record for highest October box-office draw of $48 million, held by the 2003 release "Scary Movie 3."

Also debuting well this weekend was "Ladder 49," starring John Travolta, Joaquin Phoenix and Jacinda Barrett. "Ladder 49," which bowed at #2 with more than $22.7 million, tells the story of firefighter Jack Morrison (Phoenix), who, finding himself trapped in a massive fire in a 20-story building, reflects on how his choice of a dangerous career has hurt his relationship with his family.

From one man reflecting on his familial ties to a set of parents who are being forced to forget theirs, "The Forgotten" dropped two spots from #1 to #3 this week. The thriller flick, which stars Julianne Moore and features Gary Sinise, took in $12 million.

"Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" suffered a similar two-notch tumble, landing at #4 with more than $3.3 million in its third week in theaters. The same fate befell Bernie Mac's "Mr. 3000," which dropped from #3 to #5 with more than $2.6 million.

One of the most impressive opening pulls of the week belongs to independent film "Woman Thou Art Loosed," which, though showing in only 408 theaters, debuted at #6. The drama, an adaptation of a self-help novel, follows a woman on death row, visited by Bishop T.D. Jakes (playing himself), who attempts to coach her through reconciling her life to a history of abuse, addiction and prostitution.

"Shaun of the Dead," also playing in a relatively small number of theaters, held court at #7 again this week with more than $2.4 million in ticket sales.

Rounding out the box-office top 10 are three films which each fell four spots. "Resident Evil: Apocalypse" dropped from #4 to #8 with $2.3 million; "First Daughter" slid from #5 to #9 with more than $2.1 million; and "Cellular" fell from #6 to #10 with more than $2 million.

Overall ticket sales were up from the corresponding weekend last year.

Next week, look for "Friday Night Lights" and "Raise Your Voice" to debut in the box-office top 10.

Check out everything we've got on "Shark Tale."

Visit MTV Movies for more from Hollywood, including news, interviews, trailers and more.

— Alyssa Rashbaum

[url="http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1491705/10012004/story.jhtml"]http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/14...004/story.jhtml[/url] Edited by Jazzy Julie

I'm dying!!!------->I won't be able to watch the movie until November 5!!! :bang:

and even worse------>Will's voice will be doubled to spanish!!, d*mn, I prefer subtitles. :sad6: with MIIB happened the same (the freestyle part waz pretty bad in spanish) :sad6:

I hope Will learns spanish quickly so he can double his own films in spanish.

I think I read ages ago that he was pretty good at spanish although i could be wrong

• Members

yeah, Will is taking spanish lessons and he speak pretty good in spanish--->when he promotes his movies to latin america and Spain he talks in spanish pretty well!!!

yeah! do ya know if he's gonna promote Hitch in Spain?

i could have seen him when I, Robot... but...

"Shark Tale" still has box office bite

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The gangster cartoon "Shark Tale" has roughed up its rivals at the North American box office for a second weekend, while Billy Bob Thornton scored a touchdown at No. 2 with his new school football drama "Friday Night Lights," according to studio estimates.

Among other new releases, former "Saturday Night Live" star Jimmy Fallon's headlining debut "Taxi" stalled at No. 4, while ubiquitous teen queen Hilary Duff's latest drama "Raise Your Voice" struggled to be heard at No. 6.

DreamWorks' "Shark Tale," featuring the voices of Will Smith and Robert De Niro in the story of fishy mobsters, bit off $31.7 million for the three days beginning Friday, taking its 10-day catch to $87.7 million. The film cost about $70 million to make.

In an era where most big openers lose more than half their audiences in the second weekend, "Shark Tale" dropped just 33 percent, aided by favourable word-of-mouth and by the U.S. Columbus Day holiday on Monday, when about 35 percent of schools will be closed, said Jim Tharp, the closely held studio's distribution president.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/041010/325/f4aez.html