JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

AUTOMATIC - DOPE NEW HIP-HOP GROUP

JumpinJack AJ

I was recently introduced to a new Hip-Hop group through the Arrested Development's newsletter.  Speech did a song with them, so they got mentioned the newsletter.  I clicked the link to hear their EP, and before a minute of the first song was through, I was buying it.  Down to earth lyrics and a classic Hip-Hop sound.  The whole vibe fits well, particularly with the 1998-2002 era.  If you claim to love Hip-Hop, I strongly encourage you to give them a listen (and throw some money at them to download the EP if you like what you hear).  Peep and download the EP here: https://automatic.bandcamp.com/

ARISING cover art

10923243_1133280976701313_89408233783613

Here's info I've lifted from their Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/automatic.music/timeline).

AUTOMatic Music is the perfect name for the hip-hop group formed by Milwaukee based emcee A.P.R.I.M.E. and producer Trellmatic. The perfection that comes from their musical collaboration is simply, automatic.

The group got their start in 2007 after years of being fans of each other’s work. A.P.R.I.M.E. has been putting out music since 2004, and an unexpected exit of his partner in his previous group Class:Sick left him once again looking for new ways to release his creativity. Trellmatic has been producing music for people since the early 2000’s and after doing an entire album for Arizona based emcee Mr. Miranda (then known as Smooth), he too was looking for a new challenge.

2008 saw the release of their first underground album, Audiology, an album full of potential that was well received by the Milwaukee hip-hop community. A.P.R.I.M.E. took to the stage around the city to increase the awareness about the new project him and Trell did, in addition to working on building up hype for the greater collective they were a part of, the House of Mutants.

In 2009, the House of M decided that it was time to solidify their legacy in Milwaukee hip-hop history by becoming a group and releasing an album. The Alternate Reality Of… came out in August of ’09 to an incredible amount of local hype, seeing the legendary club Mad Planet filled to capacity, and local media having nothing but praise for the album. A.P.R.I.M.E. was the stand out leader of the group on the album, showing exponential growth in skill between 2008 and 2009, and Trellmatic’s production provided a crucial dimension of smooth to the often aggressive release.
For the next several months the M’s music began to filter into people’s ears all across the world and they booked dozens of shows around the Midwest, rocking stages at bars, clubs, and universities. AUTOMatic Music took this hype and used it to catapult them into writing and recording the follow up to Audiology. Through several months of hard work, the throwback classic track filled Transistor was born.

The chemistry that A.P.R.I.M.E. and Trellmatic have is further cemented by the work done on Transistor, again showing growth in their development, not only as a duo, but singularly at their respective crafts. The music from the new album has hit the underground hard, finding love in places all across the US through several key blogs as well as overseas in Belgium and Germany. The sincerity with which AUTOMatic Music shows the founding fathers of hip-hop respect in undeniably charming and the work ethic that they employ is exactly what you’d expect from people who are doing the art form of hip-hop out of love and not out of greed.

AUTOMatic Music is the next best thing to the golden era of hip-hop, and it’s the revival of the golden era sound that AUTOMatic Music is here to bring back, and will bring back, because when the music that you do is automatic, there’s no way that it can be denied.

Yeah, the first time I was listening to them, I was getting a Common Sense "Like Chocolate For Water" vibe.  If you check out their album albums to the right, the last few are completely free.  I assume the top few could have been downloaded for free too, but I spent money for them.  Art deserves to be compensated.