JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

So I Saw Jeff Last Night...

Da Brakes

So last night I rode solo and went to see Jeff perform at a local club near to me and as usual his set was amazing.  I haven't been able to see the last couple of shows so was excited to get back to seeing Jeff do his thing!  It amazes me that in all the countless shows I've seen Jeff spin no two sets are ever the same and he manages to keep the crowd partying from start to finish.

There was no Chris there this time so I don't know whether the Vinyl Destination series is still going or if he has another project on the go at the moment.  Steve and Ferno (along with Dayne) where there and as usual they really make you feel like part of the family.  I really have to stop and count my blessings that as a lifelong fan of JJFP, I, and a few others from the board are in the position to attend as many Jeff shows as we do and also get to hang out with the man himself afterwards.

Jeff played an eclectic mix of music which touched every person in the club...  some of the highlights for me where Summertime, Jeff's Reggae set, Jeff's West Coast Hip Hip Set and he even slipped in the Fiesta remix.  This is the first time seeing Dayne being Jeff's MC since Skillz has taken up DJ'ing full time and I must say he was extremely good.  He had the crowd hyped and knew Jeff's set inside out.  His freestyles were on point as well and extremely well delivered.  He is also a humble dude as well.  Having had a brief conversation with him, I can see him doing big things in the music biz.  I was so pleased to get the physical copy of the album as well.

So after Jeff's set, I get access to the VIP section and get to have a chat with Mr Magnificent.  I immediately tell him how ridiculously excited I am about the tour scheduled for next year and how we are all waiting with bated breath for more details to be announced.  I also say that I am looking forward to when Will and Jeff get their project underway and we finally get that illustrious JJFP album we have all been waiting for.  Jeff said that the tour is going to be something special and told me some of the ideas they have spoken about for it. (it sounds great!!!) He said that Will is really excited to do it so I think we can safely say that it will happen in some form or fashion.

Whilst I was there, Jeff also told me about the new DJ Jazzy Jeff app that had literally just been released on the app store (he received the notification whilst we were talking).  He encouraged me to download it so of course I did and he said that I would be the first person in the world to have it which I was pretty chuffed about!

All in all it was an amazing night and the best part about it is I get to do it all again with Kev again on Saturday!  There was so many more questions I wanted to ask that I'll hopefully remember for the weekend.

All in all a great night with the baddest DJ on the planet and his amazing team around him.

Shout out out to Neil from the forum as well who spotted me from across the room who I had a brief conversation with!  Great meeting you dude and hope to see you at another Jeff show soon.

that's so dope my man, great to know you enjoyed yourself with jeff!

Sounds an awesome night. As Brakes said we'll be hitting up the show in Cambridge tomorrow night. I have a spare ticket going if any Brits on here fancy taking the plunge.

I get it Man. I guess me living in a small town its always a case of travelling. Milton Keynes would probably have bee the closest show Jeff has done to me but i was on holiday at the time.