JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jazzy Jeff Talks new album with Will Smith

Hero1

The impromptu drop-in thing is officially tired..... :smiley-whacky103: 

I know Jeff's "working on him" but someone needs to put "Field of Dreams"-esque voices in Will's head on a daily basis about this.

"If you build it, they will come..."

"Go the distance..."

:clap::hissyfit::greensmilies-012::smiley-talk016::clap::hissyfit::greensmilies-012::smiley-talk016::clap::hissyfit::greensmilies-012::smiley-talk016::clap::hissyfit::greensmilies-012::smiley-talk016:

(^^a crowd of legit JJFP fans)

Especially with all the 90s nostalgia out there always waiting to be tapped, im convinced the right marketing team could sell out a JJFP summer tour in 2016 in like 2 seconds. All it'd take is one slickly produced, viral-ready video. I'm picturing maybe a gag with Will rifling through his early FPOBA-era wardrobe as he prepares to get back on the mic full time, Jeff looking on skeptically... Then "Summertime" blares in over quick cuts of Jeff and Will performing over the years - cutting and rhyming from the 80s, 90s, and today - as a voice over announces that tour dates are online and tickets available. Maybe you get Alfonso Ribeiro to do that piece and load his voiceover copy with nostalgia-inducing references. "Now this is a story all about how the first ever Grammy-award winning hip hop act is reuniting and coming to your town to BOOM! Shake the room! Even your parents will understand and want to get jiggy at the hottest tour this Summertime." [music drops out temporarily while we cut to video of Alfonso in a recording booth - confirming this has been Carlton doing the voiceover all along - doing his signature dance and singing] "It's not unusuaaaaaaaal to want to get jiggy with Jeff and Will!" [cue vintage graffiti font coming down over final 2016 quick performance clips as Alfonso reads...] "Jeff 'DJ Jazzy Jeff' Townes... Will 'the Fresh Prince' Smith... The 2016 STILL FRESH tour... Tickets available now" [and you've gotta make sure that tour logo is an A+ design with the graffiti - brand that thing right!]

/endrant.:smiley-sport035:

• Admin
On 12 May 2016 at 10:41 PM, scyhigh99 said:

The impromptu drop-in thing is officially tired..... :smiley-whacky103: 

I know Jeff's "working on him" but someone needs to put "Field of Dreams"-esque voices in Will's head on a daily basis about this.

"If you build it, they will come..."

"Go the distance..."

:clap::hissyfit::greensmilies-012::smiley-talk016::clap::hissyfit::greensmilies-012::smiley-talk016::clap::hissyfit::greensmilies-012::smiley-talk016::clap::hissyfit::greensmilies-012::smiley-talk016:

(^^a crowd of legit JJFP fans)

Especially with all the 90s nostalgia out there always waiting to be tapped, im convinced the right marketing team could sell out a JJFP summer tour in 2016 in like 2 seconds. All it'd take is one slickly produced, viral-ready video. I'm picturing maybe a gag with Will rifling through his early FPOBA-era wardrobe as he prepares to get back on the mic full time, Jeff looking on skeptically... Then "Summertime" blares in over quick cuts of Jeff and Will performing over the years - cutting and rhyming from the 80s, 90s, and today - as a voice over announces that tour dates are online and tickets available. Maybe you get Alfonso Ribeiro to do that piece and load his voiceover copy with nostalgia-inducing references. "Now this is a story all about how the first ever Grammy-award winning hip hop act is reuniting and coming to your town to BOOM! Shake the room! Even your parents will understand and want to get jiggy at the hottest tour this Summertime." [music drops out temporarily while we cut to video of Alfonso in a recording booth - confirming this has been Carlton doing the voiceover all along - doing his signature dance and singing] "It's not unusuaaaaaaaal to want to get jiggy with Jeff and Will!" [cue vintage graffiti font coming down over final 2016 quick performance clips as Alfonso reads...] "Jeff 'DJ Jazzy Jeff' Townes... Will 'the Fresh Prince' Smith... The 2016 STILL FRESH tour... Tickets available now" [and you've gotta make sure that tour logo is an A+ design with the graffiti - brand that thing right!]

/endrant.:smiley-sport035:

That would be a brilliant ad!

• 1 month later...

let's hope something FINALLY happens!

• 7 months later...

this is the greatest news to find out on super bowl sunday, JJFP 2017!!! the reason why i've been sticking on this forum, btw can i get the link to the interview???!!!

On 5/2/2017 at 8:23 PM, Sharoun said:

In a new in-depth interview, DJ Jazzy Jeff stresses that he and Will Smith will be recording new "next level" material soon, and that an album is in sight.

I don't know why but I had my suspicions, so I copied that exact same quote into Google and it leaded me to this "not-so-new" in-depth interview:

http://www.okayplayer.com/news/dj-jazzy-jeff-will-smith-interview.html

:thumbdown:

• Hero1 unpinned this topic