JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New Album, World Tour and Bad Boys III in 2016

Hero1

2 hours ago, Hero1 said:

Same old story :greensmilies-025:

Exactly.  From the article:

“We are potentially going on tour,” says Jeff. “He kind of threw in into the atmosphere to see if people cared [which, it transpires, they definitely do]. Then we want to find time to go into the studio. For 10 years, it’s not been about his heart, it’s been about time. To do a proper body of music, you need to focus, which is hard when you have movies lined up until 2019.”

They're "potentially" going on tour, they "want to find time" to record, and will has "movies lined up until 2019."  That sounds like every other time there was rumors of touring or new music.

yeah come on now, tomorrow jeff turns 51 and will turns 48 in september and many artists have been passing away lately, will shouldn't take his career in music for granted since it's not guaranteed that him and jeff are gonna both be alive forever

• Admin
5 hours ago, bigted said:

yeah come on now, tomorrow jeff turns 51 and will turns 48 in september and many artists have been passing away lately, will shouldn't take his career in music for granted since it's not guaranteed that him and jeff are gonna both be alive forever

Yup. If they really wanted to do something they would make it a priority. I'm sick of all the excuses to be honest. The last time they were in the studio for an album was 1999 for Willennium. That was 17 years ago! and since then we've had 17 years of "we can't find the time, Will's doing a movie, etc, etc

It's a frustrating time for us, as we have been getting glimpses of this becoming a reality on and off for over a decade, and almost been told straight up it will happen within the last couple of months. 

Its got to the stage where a random friend of mine said "I hear Will Smith's on tour in March", and i'm like "Where the hell did you hear that" . He says its on twitter. So the buzz amongst the casual fan is definatley there and being spoken about.

Will needs to not lay all his eggs in one basket (movies) and get back to how he was. On top of both Rap and Film 1997-2002

Edited by KevTastic

There's still a little buzz about them doing Bestival in the UK. Someone tweeted them asking about JJFP performing, and they responded with a ;) wink emoji and that their comment was noted. Maybe nothing, maybe everything.

Sounds a lot more promising. Bestival announce their first acts today. But i am glad Will says "Shows" Plural. Because me getting to Bestival will be hard work in itself as work colleagues already have it booked off and we are limited with holiday in that sense.

some promising news indeed, it brings more hope for another album and world tour!