JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Bomba Estéreo, Will Smith - Fiesta (Remix)[Cover Audio]

Ale

now jim if you're comparing drake to will there's no comparison, i don't care if drake constantly puts out music 'cause most of it is weak and repetitive compared to will's music which has been innovative and set the standard for hip hop, will don't have to prove anything to me, whatever he does at this point is a bonus to a legendary career

He may have cussed on other records, but other than "U Saw My Blinker," it was edited.  I don't care to hear him do it.  It's not that it personally bugs me much, it's that he's spent 30 years saying how truly intelligent people don't use that kind of language to express themselves. It is hypocritical. For those expecting lyrics that can be played in front of the entire family, he is a staple. He's known for that by millions. I don't want to see him throw that away, nor to a I wanna hear an album by the 'Prince that's littered with lazy, common, foul language.  Look at the comments in the news articles, social media, and YouTube, there are a significant amount of people who are quoting his lyrics, his previous interview quotes, and even Eminem's line from "The Real Slim Shady."

​Well let's be real about something here AJ, like I mentioned this is many years later now, most of Will's fans are grown up now, plus I think Will more refers to the quality of music when he talks about language, that's something most of us misunderstand, as long as it's done in a creative way I think it's an acceptable part of art,  or if that wasn't the case then most of us would be hypocrites for being known as spiritual or christian and listening to rappers like 2Pac and Dr. Dre who use heavy profanity, think about that for a moment, we're all human after all, don't act like Will's trying to be a preacher or pope...

He may have cussed on other records, but other than "U Saw My Blinker," it was edited.  I don't care to hear him do it.  It's not that it personally bugs me much, it's that he's spent 30 years saying how truly intelligent people don't use that kind of language to express themselves. It is hypocritical. For those expecting lyrics that can be played in front of the entire family, he is a staple. He's known for that by millions. I don't want to see him throw that away, nor to a I wanna hear an album by the 'Prince that's littered with lazy, common, foul language.  Look at the comments in the news articles, social media, and YouTube, there are a significant amount of people who are quoting his lyrics, his previous interview quotes, and even Eminem's line from "The Real Slim Shady."

​I'm very much of the same opinion. He doesn't need to preach it, per se, but I think that there's no gain or benefit to him doing it, so why start now? I almost think he didn't say the word completely, but the point remains that he has so much equity built up in how he's approached rhyming that I would hate to see it dropped. Especially now that people have really moved away from hard lyrics. No one is clamoring for the G-Unit types anymore. If anything, much of popular hip hop has gotten over the "coolness" of a curse.

​I'm very much of the same opinion. He doesn't need to preach it, per se, but I think that there's no gain or benefit to him doing it, so why start now? I almost think he didn't say the word completely, but the point remains that he has so much equity built up in how he's approached rhyming that I would hate to see it dropped. Especially now that people have really moved away from hard lyrics. No one is clamoring for the G-Unit types anymore. If anything, much of popular hip hop has gotten over the "coolness" of a curse.

​what about the success of the straight up compton movie and the success of the new dr dre album? there's still some gangsta rap in mainstream today