JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jeff and Rizzle Kicks - Summertime remake

I love it too.  I love it because it's not a true re-make.  It's simply inspired by the classic.  The production gives a nod to the original, but it's definitely a whole new sound.  Other than a few lines in the intro, it's all new lyrics too.  I have a feeling I'd hate it if they tried to simply recreate the original with a similar beat and FP's lyrics.

The video certainly doesn't have the "soul" of the original, but it's a nice imitation.  I especially like the early 90's fashion.  Jazzy's presence grounds the whole thing.  On his Facebook he says he "collaborated" with them, but it appears that he just appears in the video. The production and the few scratches on the track don't particularly sound like his, but the title of the official download says "featuring DJ Jazzy Jeff."

http://www.very.co.uk/summertime

Cut and paste this link for the free download: bit.ly/1IymS0K

Edited by JumpinJack AJ

I dig how the video is basically a complete video re-run of the original. More funny is the blatant non summer look of a UK summer hehe

If they wanted a true British summer time, all those people at the bbq should of been huddled under a marquee as it pours down with rain. 

I thought the the remix was ok, Jeffs bit did just seem to be his original mix haha. It's nice, but I'm never gonna choose to listen to this over the original.

I love it too.  I love it because it's not a true re-make.  It's simply inspired by the classic.  The production gives a nod to the original, but it's definitely a whole new sound.  Other than a few lines in the intro, it's all new lyrics too.  I have a feeling I'd hate it if they tried to simply recreate the original with a similar beat and FP's lyrics.

The video certainly doesn't have the "soul" of the original, but it's a nice imitation.  I especially like the early 90's fashion.  Jazzy's presence grounds the whole thing.  On his Facebook he says he "collaborated" with them, but it appears that he just appears in the video. The production and the few scratches on the track don't particularly sound like his, but the title of the official download says "featuring DJ Jazzy Jeff."

http://www.very.co.uk/summertime

Cut and paste this link for the free download: bit.ly/1IymS0K

​as 90's as it might look the fashion is very contemporary too