JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Basketball Season is here!!!

3cookies

[font="Arial"][color=blue]some of my overall fav players are Shaq, MJ, Cliff Levingston, Isaiah Thomas, Scotty Pippins,... John Salley (<silly dude yo! :kekeke: ), Majic Johnson,... theres a few others,..but I can't name alla them...um yea..Kenny Anderson. :thumb: ... and my best friend ~ Cleveland Bibbens (played international ball in Austria)

but my favourite all tyme, are my 2 big brothas...and I'm glad 2 see Kev back with the Hawks!!...anyways...what are yall's fav teams, or players.
Of course im in da ATL,...so the Hawks definately gets my support...

Dominique Wilkins & Kevin Willis ~ 2004
[img]http://www.soflyy-designs.com/agbook3/public/img-1096721999.jpg[/img]
Much LuV from lil*sis 2 my big brothas! *muaH* :thumb:

(when I marry tha right guy...Kev don't know it yet...but he's gonna give me away LOL. He always disapproves of the guys I hook up with...) :nono: :daedulus: and threatens to kick their butt after he finds out they mess his little sis over! lmbo

nuff of me ramblin ..lmbo but tell me whose yall favourite bball teams and players...

peace,
3cookies [/color][/font] Edited by 3cookies

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Sixer man myself Iverson being my favourite player, also big fan of LeBron (Phenom) and Carmelo

Favourite alltime player is ofcourse Jordan

Kevin Willis is a great center, very underrated considering that he's played in the same era as guys like Hakeem Olajuwon, Shaquille O'Neal, Patrick Ewing, Alonzo Mourning, Yao Ming, Robert Parish, and Dikembe Mutombo, but he fits right in that group, didn't he sign with the Hawks this season? They got some good players this year in the offseason, they signed Kevin Willis and Kenny Anderson among others they could make a run for the playoffs this year. My favorite team is the Chicago Bulls of course as I mentioned many tijmes in the "So Fresh" forum, I was hoping that the Bulls would sign Kevin Willis as a free agent in the offseason especially after trading Dikembe Mutombo away to the Rockets! :bang: Dominique Wilkins and Michael Jordan had so many memorable slam dunk competitions against each other, I was to young to see it though, but of course they show it on ESPN Classic now! :thumb: I hear Dennis Rodman's trying to make a comeback again, he tried out for the Nuggets, maybe he'll be playing with Carmello Anthony this year! :rock: I would like to see Mark Jackson finish his career where it started like Kevin Willis is doing, by going back to the Knicks, he would be a great mentor to help Stephon Marbury take his game to the next level, and I would like to see the Bulls bring back Horace Grant and Charles Oakley they're 40 years old but they still have skills, Eddy Curry's making progress but he needs help that Grant and Oakley would provide, they're such great defenders and could crash the boards well that's why they've played for almost 20 years now, like Kevin Willis they get overlooked but they're great players though! :bowdown: If the Bulls brought those guys back Scottie Pippen will give it another shot to play this season and the Bulls would head back to the top one more time! :clap:

[quote=Kimmie,Oct 2 2004, 10:38 AM][color=purple]OMG! dya know what i love watching...Slamball, lmao![/color][/quote]
Me too !!

:clap:

[font="Arial"][color=blue]HEy mfqua...they've been my "big brothas" for 20 years now. :thumb: wow! Time sure does flyy, huh?...

Kev and I both lived in the Lenox/Brookhaven area when he moved down from Detroit and first started in the NBA, till I got this crazy urge to "Serve My Country",...I broke camp and joined the Army and NOBODY knew where I had gone for years. lmbo. :kekeke: He is HUGE prankster! lmbo . I did a couple of oil portraits for Nique (and Aisha), who I met thru a friend who was dating John Salley at the tyme... (1984 or so),...

As far as their NBA parties... I never "hung out" tho,... cause of things I used to see going on ... it wasn't my style...unless I was invited to a private party Kev was throwin in Buckhead or something for a friend,...like ShaQ. Id stop in for a few, have a bottle of water, remenise and catch up...give them a hug & kiss... then break camp... cuz the groupies that would swamp them, was ugh...not somethin I'd want to be in the midst of... u know?

I'm like tha little 'sista' that stays in 'hiding' (as they say) Kev don't like it when guys mess me over cuz of how respectfully I carry myself ... :thumb: I'd go over to Kev's crib, and he would be cleaning up, sweeping, watering plants LOL. im sittin on the floor with my head in my hands...grumpin like a 'little sister' and he would literally guide me thru situations, and help me see thru "the rain" and staying focused on God as I endure thru my heartbreaks. THEN ask for dude's address so he could go kick his tail. lmbo. :lolsign: my big brotha...

Honestly...I don't have a brother in real life, and they treat me with love and so much respect...I could never ask 4 a better mentor, when Im feelin down and out ...so ya... Cookie's God~Brothas...

I'm everybody's sista tho... :thumb: so there u have it...

peace,
cookie

ps... yes, Kev's back with the Hawks. along with Kenny Anderson among others... Just think...as many years that I've known Kenny...I've NEVER seen him play... just home footage some of his relatives showed me before he signed with the Nets ... and stuff he used to mail me, and telliN me bout his lil skillZ...can't wait til this season ... :thumb: [/color][/font]

That's an awesome story 3cookies, I guess Kevin Willis is a pretty down to earth guy then huh? That's great to hear after all these years of being a professional athlete, he never forgets his friends and doesn't let success get to his head like some in the entertainment and sports industry do, that kinda sounds like how Will never forgot 'bout his friends in Philly! :thumb: You still talk to him? What kind of music does he listen to? You should get him to post here so we could all say what's up to him! :werd: I got much respect for Kevin Willis, he's one of the hardest working players in the NBA, even after winning the NBA championship with the Spurs in 2003 he's still playing, I thought that he might have retired like David Robinson after winning one finally, he might break Robert Parish's record for career games played soon! :rock: He might not go to the hall of fame but he has something that Karl Malone, John Stockton, Patrick Ewing, and Charles Barkley never won in their careers, that NBA championship ring, so he could talk trash to them about that! :lolsign:

It's going to happen this year philly are gonna win it all

I check the Bulls' roster over at nba.com/bulls and Scottie Pippen's still on the roster, we'll know next week if he shows up at training camp if he's ready to play. The WNBA season's still going on, you can't front on them, those ladies got skills, when the league 1st started in '97 I wasn't much into it but a few years later I started to watch more and more they have a lot of talent there, the US Women team did something that the men failed to do bring home the gold, Sheryl Swoopes is such a great shooter, if she played on the mens team they would've done better 'cause it seems that the men struggled to make jumpshots that Swoopes consistantly hit! Karl Malone's daughter plays for the Detroit Shock and they won the WNBA championship last year, so she could talk trash to her dad about winning a championship and he didn't in his career now that he's retiring this year, his knee's not ready to go this season unfortunately! :sad6: I think the New York Liberty are gonna win the WNBA championship after beating the Shock in the 1st round of the playoffs, I'm surprised they're doing so well after trading away Teresa Witherspoon who was the heart and soul of that team, she's the female version of John Stockton, plays well in the clutch! I think that the talent of the WNBA is just as good as the NBA now, they deserve more credit than they get! :thumb: